'Lone Survivor' movie....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebindernut

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw the movie Saturday night. It is a good movie. I have a problem following movies these days, when the camera keeps switching back and forth between things so quickly. My brain doesn't work that fast. I also miss the days when movies weren't so graphic. I understand that what happened was very violent, we all know this. I just think the film maker can make it known that someone gets shot without trying to recreate what it looks like when someone gets shot in the head with a rifle. I guess I'm just getting old.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Watched it last night. Amazing movie. I my not agree with the war over there, but the actions of these men doing their jobs and fighting for their brothers is inspirational. Definitely a movie I'll be on the lookout for.

I respected the attention to detail when looking through scopes and shooting suppressed. When the camera looks through an acog, you see an acog. Awesome!

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That terrain is pretty rugged...no wonder they lost their tacsat. When you have a mountain in between you and the satellite, things get ugly.

Haven't seen the move yet...debating on whether or not to take my oldest son.

I suggest watching it without your son first, depending on your reason why. Then take him to see it if you make the determination it is gtg for his viewing. This is definitely a movie worth watching twice.

stepper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the movie yesterday, I liked it. As far as taking your son to it, my son is 15, will be 16 in a few months. I don't think I'd take him. There were at least 100 "F" bombs (I'm sure that's a normal day at school), and it was a little gory. Not over the top gory, but enough I wouldn't take my son to it yet.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw the movie yesterday, I liked it. As far as taking your son to it, my son is 15, will be 16 in a few months. I don't think I'd take him. There were at least 100 "F" bombs (I'm sure that's a normal day at school), and it was a little gory. Not over the top gory, but enough I wouldn't take my son to it yet.

143 F-bombs according to IMDB. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1091191/parentalguide?ref_=tt_stry_pg

As for it being gory, there are no guts or brains, even though one man is shockingly shot in the head. That is more emotionally disturbing than gory. Plenty of blood and squibs and some rather hard to watch "falling down the mountain scenes" where it makes you cringe as the protagonists are tossed like ragdolls.

ChuckC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw it Sunday. Well made movie,kinda tough knowing it was true. Seemed to stay very true to Marcus's story until right at the end.

Now I have to read the book again. I am humbled and very appreciative of combat vets.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw it Sunday. Well made movie,kinda tough knowing it was true. Seemed to stay very true to Marcus's story until right at the end.

Now I have to read the book again. I am humbled and very appreciative of combat vets.

Was wondering about the ending...seemed a bit dramatic for real life. I looked at Wikipedia and read the real ending. I'm guessing there was no kid in the book either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom