looking to buy new tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crappie josh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
does anyone know a good place to buy tires, I know discount tire on I-240&I-35 they like to over tighten lugs and they've busted like 8 lugs off on my truck so I'm wanting to go to another place to buy tires this time and I'm looking to buy some Firestone destination a/t 245/75/16 for my 2006 Toyota Tacoma

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tire Rack has worked for me. They arrive in two days of ordering and priced better than anyone local. Local Ford dealership tire techs are good. The cost for mounting and balancing and disposal fee is $44. Check before tho as some charge more.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go back to that Discount on 240, ask for Matt the manager and tell him Todd with the white Silverado / white corvette told you to find him. He will make it worth your while. they thrashed one of my wheels and he takes good care of me now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of tires on Ebay, because everyone local said they were in indefinite backorder.

So my question is, since I have aftermarket wheels, I am very concerned about the mounting/balancing and overtightening. What can I do to make sure they use a true torque wrench instead of impact on my wheels? I mean, yes, I can ask, but you never know if they will really do it or not... once your vehicle is in the back, they do whatever the hell they want, and you can't see it or disprove it.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Forget overtightening, I'm looking for locals who won't massacre my TPMS units, and I don't want to have to go to the only Mitsubishi dealer in town. (Cable)

This, too... I'm currently buying new TPMS sensors and hoping I can figure out how to program them without having the factory keyless entry. When I bought my truck, all it had was the aftermarket alarm remote.

crappie josh

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
ya I don't have a problem with discount tire (I-240) I like them just fine it just seams that every time I take my truck in they twist off anywhere from 1-3 lugs at a time off my truck and with me having a 18 month old it's hard enough to get him to sit still long enough for them to put tires on my truck let alone to have to send me across the street to replace lugs but I do have to say that they have always paid for there mess ups

Latest posts

Top Bottom