looking to buy new tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most places dont use an impact to tighten the lugs, most use the impact to seat the wheel and lugs, then use a ratchet with torque tubes on it to final torque the lugs.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Try E&R Tires at SE 29 and Bryant. It's a little hole in the wall type shop, but Rick can order whatever you want and usually have it there in a couple of hours.

His number is 405-670-3939.

C

Clay

I will never go back to Hibdons again. More than once after leaving there after having my tires rotated, I had a wheel that the lug nuts were only finger tight when I checked them after hearing a noise while doing 70 down the interstate.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always go to Hibdon they will match tirerack's price for the tires.

Thats great if Hibdon can get the particular tire you want and there is a Hibdon in your town.

Dealer wanted $160 for one TPMS for a Toyota Tacoma. This was several years ago and they may have gone done in price, but I doubt it.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$160.00 for a gizzie to monitor the pressure in a $75.00 tire, why because we are too lazy or stupid to look at our tires once in a while. Isn't progress great...

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, all due to the Firestone tire debacle on the Ford Explorer SUV years ago. This created the TREAD Act that required the TPMS. I used a tire gauge for years and was just fine. Knee jerk reaction by out Gov't to protect us from our selves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom