lost my lease...and a friend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is why I like being in my club, with several leases across the state. We have our contracts done and leases paid for by August, so we know exactly what we have. And we are able to afford large leases and long term contracts. I will never hunt public land, just not worth it. I can afford to lease, so I lease!

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kind of a reverse situation, but I gave a guy permission to hunt a place that anybody on this forum would like to hunt at no charge.

I drove by one day and saw two people other than him coming out of the woods. Said the Ex buddy gave them permission to go in there as he was working that weekend.

Bad mistake.

Shoot me a PM and we'll work out the details of me taking his place ;-)

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don't deal with family or friends over anything like this. I fix computers and tell family to take it to a shop if it's anything more than changing a setting. It's too easy to loose friends this way.

You guys are all talking about "leasing" hunting rights but are you getting a contract in writing? If so where is the clause talking about when the contract ends? If you know when hunting season starts and ends you should be putting a clause in there that you have to be informed of an end to the lease at least three or four months prior to the beginning of the season you are leasing for. As well as other terms and conditions to protect both the leaser and lessee from conflict the same as leasing a building. Cleanup, who can hunt, allowing others to hunt with only permission would all be things to put in there.

It sucks but that is the way the world is now. I have a tow strap that I use in the winter in case someone gets stuck and I have a piece of paper with a basic statement as to what I am doing and that by signing the person I am going to get unstuck understands it could damage their vehicle, that I am doing it as a good samaritan and will not be held responsible that they sign before I do anything. All I need is for a strap to break or there to be unseen damage to their vehicle that shows up after it is unstuck that I get blamed for.

The German

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys are all talking about "leasing" hunting rights but are you getting a contract in writing? If so where is the clause talking about when the contract ends? If you know when hunting season starts and ends you should be putting a clause in there that you have to be informed of an end to the lease at least three or four months prior to the beginning of the season you are leasing for. As well as other terms and conditions to protect both the leaser and lessee from conflict the same as leasing a building. Cleanup, who can hunt, allowing others to hunt with only permission would all be things to put in there.

We pretty much have all of that. We have a date set that we tell them our intentions to renew and they tell us if they will or not, I think it is in May and we also put a down payment at that time and make full payment by August, so we have plenty of time to look at new leases and know if we want to take on more members or not.

Drgnracin72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a similar situation with my bro in law. We've been hunting for years (ducks), and this year, he and a buddy of ours decided to do it big and try to get sponsored.... Good for them and it's awesome that they get the opportunity. Only issue is, is that I'm not part of the deal, which means my girlfriend, my son and little sister also don't have places to go hunt. If anyone around the okc area wants to help me out with some duck hunting, it would be greatly appreciated. I feel ya on the being hurt and disappointed aspect. It does indeed suck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 4

Sooner Wing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I personally don't deal with family or friends over anything like this. I fix computers and tell family to take it to a shop if it's anything more than changing a setting. It's too easy to loose friends this way.

It sucks but that is the way the world is now. I have a tow strap that I use in the winter in case someone gets stuck and I have a piece of paper with a basic statement as to what I am doing and that by signing the person I am going to get unstuck understands it could damage their vehicle, that I am doing it as a good samaritan and will not be held responsible that they sign before I do anything. All I need is for a strap to break or there to be unseen damage to their vehicle that shows up after it is unstuck that I get blamed for.

I think that I was born in the wrong generation. What happened to your word and a hand shake being.. well your word and a hand shake. It’s sad that this is the world that we live in and are raising our children in. People will take what they feel that they are entitled to these days, and they feel entitled to whatever it is that they want. The degradation of the moral fabric of our society is nauseating.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is why I like being in my club, with several leases across the state. We have our contracts done and leases paid for by August, so we know exactly what we have. And we are able to afford large leases and long term contracts. I will never hunt public land, just not worth it. I can afford to lease, so I lease!

Yes but the problem with most clubs now is you're competing with other members for spots. Gotta reserve a spot online, can't hunt a spot you want cause another couple guys have all reserved up before you got a chance to. Can't risk setting up stands, feeders, cams etc for the simple fact other people get to go on that land and you might not even get to hunt it if and when u want.
Plus a lot if these clubs now make you check in your kill and where you got it. So if you find a good little spot, it won't be for long....
Nothing but glorified public hunting you have to pay for.

Leasing a private spot on your own, it's yours to come and go as you please and you don't have to deal with anyone else that you don't want to.

Latest posts

Top Bottom