LR308/AR10 suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tossing around the idea of selling my Remington 700 and going to a semi auto 308 platform. Not interested in spending 2-3k to buy a LMT or POF. I just want something that shoots accurately and reliably. Anyone on here build them or know of a good base platform I should start with if I do go this route? Please educate me

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No matter how you turn it - you will sacrifice accuracy and brass retention for "semi function".

Don't sell the remy. Buy DPMS. Shoot side by side. Keep the one you like or both.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No matter how you turn it - you will sacrifice accuracy and brass retention for "semi function".

Don't sell the remy. Buy DPMS. Shoot side by side. Keep the one you like or both.

Depends on which 700 he has. I'd put my Lilja barreled 308 AR up against many factory bolt guns.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on which 700 he has. I'd put my Lilja barreled 308 AR up against many factory bolt guns.

I am not saying that semi can't be sufficiently accurate, but dollar for dollar bolt gun will outshoot the semi (maybe except for a few used AR15s, now that the bottom blew out of that market). Your Lilja barrel alone is worth as much as a whole factory bolt gun.

Permanent37

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just have a AAC-sd with a timney trigger. I don't reload so im not worried about brass. Also, ive seen several ar10 style guns shoot just as good or better than bolt guns.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not saying that semi can't be sufficiently accurate, but dollar for dollar bolt gun will outshoot the semi (maybe except for a few used AR15s, now that the bottom blew out of that market). Your Lilja barrel alone is worth as much as a whole factory bolt gun.

Oh yes, dollar for dollar, no question. AR10 platform isn't cheap.

CharlieMurphy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My PredatAR is more accurate than I'll ever be but if I wanted to pick my favorite semi .308 would be between my Scar and Socom 16 M1A. The Scar is the softest shooting .308 I have shot.

A good semi auto .308 for under $2k would be a M1A Scout. Hard to find a better looking gun when it's wearing wood.

Can't really compare a bolt action and a semi auto as they are two completely different tools with different applications. If you want something in the middle go for the Ruger Gunsite Scout or something similar.

Latest posts

Top Bottom