Magpul B.A.D. Lever...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was over at MAS Gunworks yesterday and whilst there Matt showed me this new item they just got in from Magpul. I wanted to share it here because I think it's pretty cool and a good idea. Please keep in mind that I am not a professional anything nor do I play one on TV. I'm only here to share my thoughts and experience on this part. YMMV...

This is the Magpul B.A.D. Lever (battery assist device). It's basically a small machined lever that attaches over the standard bolt release on your AR-15 type rifle, shown here on my SBR. The lever is provided with the backer plate, lever, pre loctited attachment torx head fastener, and torx wrench. I didn't have the presence of mind to take before pics. The lever installs is less than a minute and enables the user to release a locked open bolt with the tip of the trigger finger making reloading and getting the weapon back in the fight just that much quicker. As a side note it makes getting the bolt held open a little less cumbersome too. Sorry for the crappy phone pics. too.

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_d0310dc0.jpg

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_e55c6683.jpg

ai249.photobucket.com_albums_gg202_rustyzx9_95851321.jpg

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great write up rusty! Thanks for the business and support.

No problem Amigo! I'm looking forward to using this next weekend, I'll be shooting in two matches.

I would also mention that MAS Gunworks also has a selection of Fenix flashilights in stock. These are really great lights for anyone that has never had a chance to get hands on with them. I'll take a couple of pics and share some thoughts on the ones I have as time permits...

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem Amigo! I'm looking forward to using this next weekend, I'll be shooting in two matches.

I would also mention that MAS Gunworks also has a selection of Fenix flashilights in stock. These are really great lights for anyone that has never had a chance to get hands on with them. I'll take a couple of pics and share some thoughts on the ones I have as time permits...

Are you shooting in the Oil capitol and OKC 3 gun?

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you shooting in the Oil capitol and OKC 3 gun?

That's what I'm planning on as of now. I'm kind of a crappy shooter so practice, practice, practice... lol...

I want to see that in person! Saw it on another sight the other day and thought "That looks like a must have item."

I'm planning on shooting the steel match this coming weekend, I can bring it with me if you'd like to get hands on. I'll be running that rifle at Oil Capital the following weekend too.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw it at MAS today, it is cool. It is one of those items that you just wonder why you didn't think of it. :slap: Simple, clean and it works. I can see how it would be a great benefit on reloads, and getting back into battery. I had not seen them until today, and will get a few in the near future for mine.

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They are neat little devices. Where they really shine is clearing malfunctions such as a double feed without having to take your hand off fire control. Or just locking the bolt back for admin stuff.

Latest posts

Top Bottom