Malware/PUP/Spyware Program. Best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, I am really really tired of Savesear.ch hijacking my system.

I have used Malwarebytes and it doesn't get as much as I thought it would.
I tried another that found 450 issues that Malwarebytes missed.

So, what do you guys recommend for a really good malware/Spyware program remover?

Thanks

Dave

Hawkman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd be hesitant to stake everything on ONE single anti-malware program. A layered defense is always best, I find that Malwarebytes and Avast work well together for me. HitmanPro or rkill may be more up your alley if the intent is to remove malware rather than protect against it (which I believe it is by reading your post). Good luck!

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't already use the Microsoft Security Essentials, its free and between it and Malware Bytes paid version, I haven't hit anything bad yet. Security Essentials has been pretty good at finding most exploits.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd be hesitant to stake everything on ONE single anti-malware program. A layered defense is always best, I find that Malwarebytes and Avast work well together for me. HitmanPro or rkill may be more up your alley if the intent is to remove malware rather than protect against it (which I believe it is by reading your post). Good luck!

I already use Malwarebytes (paid) and Avast. I like both of them.

I was just surprised with the sudden emergence of this damn Safesear.ch tool bar and how hard it it to get rid of.

I downloaded a trial version of a different malware software and it showed over 450 hits that Malwarebytes didn't, including the Safesear.ch
That number bothered me. Especially since Malware showed zero problems.

Dave

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Macs aren't immune.
people just think that they are.

Not to mention that the office softwares are NOT mac compatable.

Dave
Macs aren't immune. But they are significantly better at handling this bull$hit than Windows-based machines. I'm not sure what you mean about Office...I use it daily with Mac, going back and forth with people using Windows Office.

Latest posts

Top Bottom