Man fatally shot at Carter Co. gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually presume most people shot in parking lots are the victims. I guess you're right, but a tragedy nonetheless.

I have no information on the situation, so of course I can only guess and speculate. That is obvious.

I usually presume people shot in the parking lot were aggressors and someone was acting defensively.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, that article says there were 5 shots reported. Certainly doesn't sound accidental. I wonder what went down. Sad to hear it, either way.

Sounds like there are witnesses. Wouldn't be surprised if there was surveillance either. I reckon we'll find out soon.

I usually presume people shot in the parking lot were aggressors and someone was acting defensively.

It's very possible you're correct.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
5 shots from an employee and in the parking lot. Guy that was shot lived near by. Shooter not arrested or not released if he was arrested. But if he was arrested surely someone would have seen him taken away in a cruiser. Im only guessing but it seems like it could be a legal shoot. Guy that was shot might have came over to whoop someones ass because he has to hear shooting at the gun range all day. Nobody knows yet. I hope for the best outcome that could possibly happen in this situation and that the gun range remains open and profitable.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
From their Facebook page this morning

Grandma's range must always protect the safety of our patrons and it's employees alike. At the time of the previous post, the investigation was still young. First and foremost our prayers and compassion go out to any and all inolved in this tragedy.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a meeting in Ardmore (truth is I made a reason to be in Ardmore just to go by) and drove by Grandma's. I went in and shook everyone hands and told them "I'm not going to ask what happened, I'm just here to tell you that you are all in my prayers". They were so nice and appreciative. These are good people.
I know what occurred at the range. The employee did exactly what he should have done. That's all I'm going to say.
If you want information, I'm sure it will come out soon. For those of you that I know, PM me and I will let you know.
I'm in the city for the next few days, but when I get done, I'm going to drive about 2 hours out of my way to go shoot at grandma's. Support is important, particularly in this situation.

beastep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a feeling it was a justified shoot. I hope the guy does not have any problems living with what he had to do. Also complete bs that the media will never say a word about it being justified and will only further hurt the employees and business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom