Man tries to steal AR / M-4 rifle at Muskogee Walmart!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man walks into Muskogee, Oklahoma Wal-Mart, tries to steal an M-4 rifle; employee intercedes

Read more: http://newsok.com/man-walks-into-sh...oyee-intercedes/article/3660091#ixzz1pvFkqhOV

Just shows another reason why we should be carrying all the time...this guy got a hold of a AR rifle at Walmart.. and apparently already had a magazine loaded and ready to go if it weren't for the gun lock.

After the employee took the rifle away from him.. he got hold of a Mini-14 and ran to a stock room.

This story is freaky, because I was in my local Walmart yesterday and was behind the counter looking at the ammo.. when I suddenly noticed the rifle / shotgun case standing wide open and know one was around. I could have easily have picked up a $650 Remington Rifle and Auto Shotgun and darted out the emergency exit less than 20 feet away.

I didn't have my cell phone with me to call the store service desk and I couldn't figure out their phone system for paging because the buttons were worn and the labels faded.. it took almost 10 minutes to get a emplyee who happened to walk by to then go get someone who had the display case keys to lock it up. There were 2 employees and not one of them had a radio.

Last edited by a moderator:

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My local Walmart has been selling Sigs, S&W M&P 15, Colt & DPMS .223's since last November. They don't have them all in stock at the same time.. mostly because they are selling like crazy. My town has a population of 30,000 and the local Walmart is selling 4-5 every week easily.. sometimes more. They even got in a DPMS in .308 the other day and it sold within 24 hours.

The .223 REM ammo in the Federal 100 ct bulk pack and the metal cases of 5.56 NATO are flying off the shelves. The Walmart warehouse has been back ordered for over a month on these 2 items.

My Walmart even sells the S&W M&P 15-22, Sig .22LR and the Mossberg .22LR ARs when it can get them from the warehouse.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I remember right, isn't Shawnee the county seat of Pottawatomie County. And Muskogee is several counties away. Maybe the writer of the story couldn't spell Pottawatomie.

Latest posts

Top Bottom