Man tries to steal AR / M-4 rifle at Muskogee Walmart!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, who would buy or steal a gun from walmart?

I would assume it would be a slightly cheaper/crappier version of the real thing, much like everything else they carry.

I always assume no gun-loving conservative American would ever step foot in a place that solely exists to move American manufacturing jobs to China?

Must have been an Obama supporter stealing it to go rob a liquor store, right?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, I wasn't paying attention... I was only looking at the bold print above each post that still reads 'Shawnee'.

Yeah, I just did it. You didn't miss anything. And, it only changes the thread title, so any responses don't show it. I'd have to change each post individually to do that... :(

Anyone that responds to the thread, gets the new thread title, anyone that responds to a post with the old title, keeps the old one.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I would assume it would be a slightly cheaper/crappier version of the real thing, much like everything else they carry.

They have a Colt carbine @ $1097 that looks like a heck of a deal... forward assist / dust cover, chromed barrel & bolt carrier and what looked to be either a 20 or 30 rd metal mag. I paid just under $990 for my S&W M&P 15 in 5.56 NATO w/ 30 rd mag from Cheaper Than Dirt. Walmart has a similar Sig too. The DPMS .223 REM & .308 was the Sporter models.... minus the forward assist. It is hard to keep up with just what they have in stock as the store just gets them sent to them randomly most of the time.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Channel 6 Article

Police say Rowlands broke into a gun case and took an M-4 Rifle. He tired to load it but wasn't able to because it had a gun lock. He then grabbed a Mini-14 rifle and fled into a store room.

Muskogee Phoenix Article

Zardeneta said Rowlands took an M-4 rifle and attempted to load it with ammunition he had also taken from Walmart, 1000 W. Shawnee Bypass. The rifle had a trigger lock on it, Abel said, so Rowlands was unable to load it. Zardeneta said a Walmart employee then took the rifle from Rowlands.

Rowlands then grabbed a Mini-14 rifle from the gun case and went into a back storage room where he was arrested. Zardeneta said the Mini-14 rifle also was equipped with a trigger lock.

cscokd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I always assume no gun-loving conservative American would ever step foot in a place that solely exists to move American manufacturing jobs to China?

Must have been an Obama supporter stealing it to go rob a liquor store, right?

Wow, so now this thread about a nut trying to steal a weapon has been hijacked and turned into a Walmart bashing. Why don't you try reading up on "The Walmart Effect". The majority of economist agree that the net effect of Walmart is better living standards for the communities they serve, including gun-loving conservative Americans. It's only the union bosses who are hurt by their free-market business model. Oh, and the bleeding liberals who think that everyone deserves to be paid like a first-round draft pick.

Quick_Draw_McGraw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I really hope this story doesn't end up with the Walmart employee being fired. They have fired people before for not just trying to stop thefts but actually save lives. T

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, so now this thread about a nut trying to steal a weapon has been hijacked and turned into a Walmart bashing. Why don't you try reading up on "The Walmart Effect". The majority of economist agree that the net effect of Walmart is better living standards for the communities they serve, including gun-loving conservative Americans. It's only the union bosses who are hurt by their free-market business model. Oh, and the bleeding liberals who think that everyone deserves to be paid like a first-round draft pick.

This.

Hey David, what store had the cabinet unlocked? I happen to know someone who can take care of this.
Thanks.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing that suprised me this morning was that my local Walmart hadn't heard anything from the main office about the incident last night. When I told them about it .. that was the first they knew of it.. so I showed them a Internet news article. I'd have thought there would have been at least a cautionary memo sent out telling the management of stores selling firearms to give some kind of refresher course on safety procedures to their employees.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This.

Hey David, what store had the cabinet unlocked? I happen to know someone who can take care of this.
Thanks.

The store is in SW Ok. I raised enough cain last night and this morning about how dangerous it could have been that the management is well aware of it. I also reminded them that if a weapon had been stolen or used to hurt someone that the ATF could pull the stores license pending a long investigation.... which would have meant the loss of a heck of a lot of sales. They got the point. Since I'm on friendly terms with most of the management, I prefer to leave it at that for now... don't want to burn that bridge.

Latest posts

Top Bottom