Martin's dad to speak to congress

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The bottom line is this is why the caucus is meaningless. they are addressing the problem by incorrectly answering the question 'what is the problem?'

I stand on the ruling of the court. Zimmerman didn't need 'fixing' - the child rearing skills of his parents do. the culture TM was raised in does. The young black man needs to have a better self image, expect - no demand - higher standards for himself. It doesn't take caucus for that. it takes a shift in thinking at the level of TM's parents and every other parent raising a child, regardless of skin color.

and TM's father has no business speaking publicly about anything but how he failed to raise a respectful son who was relevant to the free society that makes up this country.

I'd be ashamed to show my face in public if I were him. Instead his peers have convinced him he's been wronged - and that's just not the case. He is the perfect example of how you do a disservice to your child.

I really admire the way you guys were raised with no direct knowledge of racism. Sounds like progress.
I didn't even know what racism was until I moved to florida at the age of twelve and was treated badly by black kids because I didn't look like them.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't even know what racism was until I moved to florida at the age of twelve and was treated badly by black kids because I didn't look like them.

That is what is the irony here honestly. ALL the most racists people I have ever met in my life have been black people, not other white people. I have & do know white people who don't care for blacks but they also aren't the type who would go burn out a neighborhood just b/c black families live there either. their opinions are based on areas of town they live in & daily interactions. But I have met alot of black people who hate white people for no good reason at all except how they were raised & honestly believe all white people are out to get them. Good lord, it's 2013 people, you would think the days of believing a entire race is out to get you would be over with but it's not sadly. Yet white people are always the first to get thrown under the bus & labeled as racists. Especially if they speak up about black racists.

Dukester

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That is what is the irony here honestly. ALL the most racists people I have ever met in my life have been black people, not other white people. I have & do know white people who don't care for blacks but they also aren't the type who would go burn out a neighborhood just b/c black families live there either. their opinions are based on areas of town they live in & daily interactions. But I have met alot of black people who hate white people for no good reason at all except how they were raised & honestly believe all white people are out to get them. Good lord, it's 2013 people, you would think the days of believing a entire race is out to get you would be over with but it's not sadly. Yet white people are always the first to get thrown under the bus & labeled as racists. Especially if they speak up about black racists.
The worst I ever saw was in the army. Equal oppurtunity is really one-directional.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Pretty much the same experience, was working at Hughes Aircraft and the black people I ran into and knew were all professional people. In the early 70's I made a move to Maryland. After taking a knife away from a black kid and getting a taste of the black's in the neighborhood where the shop was located I became rather shall I say biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom