May be going to Tulsa... places to live? work out? eat? shoot?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do not live in Westport on the west side of the river. There's a reason why it's a lot cheaper than the East side apartment complexes.

Westport is within walking distance and looks ok on the surface, but yeah, it's not a great place to be. Lots of shady activity over there.

Johnson184

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, Thanks Huskres! That really helps me get an idea of living costs in Tulsa. I'll probably be scheduling a tour to see their medical school in person, but it'd also be nice to drive around those areas to get a sense of what it'd be like to live over there.

And GlockPride, as proud as I am to be a Sooner, we don't have a medical school in Norman lol. Fulfilling a lifelong dream > chasing da wimmens around Norman for 4 more years lol.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As others have said, if you can stand a little commute, live outside of Tulsa.... Owasso, Jenks, Bixby, Broken Arrow....are all very nice places. Tulsa has gone to crap, PERIOD! I grew up there and saw the whole east side go from a thriving area, to a crime filled cesspool. I could not stand to raise my family in such a terrible place, which is why I moved to a small town outside of Tulsa.

john.beck49

Marksman
Reaction score
This is the address...
1111 W. 17th St., Tulsa, OK 74107
and the medical center is across the river. I don't think it's next to Sheridan, or at least I didn't see it on Google maps. Is that still a crime heavy neighborhood?

I must be thinking of the clinic you will practice at. I know there is an OU Medical clinic for low income patients on Sheridan that is staffed almost entirely with students or interns. I really can't help you with living arrangements on that side of town. I have lived in Tulsa my entire life and can only think of 3 times I have been to that area of town.

Boomerdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm from Norman too, but have been working in Broken Arrow for over a year now. My wife and I are having a house built in BA which should be finished in a month or two. I've been renting a one bedroom apartment in BA right off of Albany down by the BA High School for $699 per month. The complex is just over a year old and nice by apartment standards. It is close to the BA and I can get to Tulsa in a matter of minutes.

PM me for more information.

huskres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you can stay around the 21st and riverside or peoria area that would be awesome for school and going out and all that. If you have any questions just ask. I spent years living not to far and also delivering in those areas I mentioned. Some people are scared of midtown for some odd reason, but they have never left their south tulsa/ba hellhole :D

VitruvianDoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been living in Norman the last several years, but I may be headed to Tulsa next year to attend OSU's medical school up there. Any Tulsa folk here who can recommend safe places to live near the medical school that is also relatively quiet? I suppose if it's near a noisy part of town, I'd have an excuse to invest in some high end hearing protection... err study muffs. :)

Are there also any good gyms nearby? Preferably open 24 hours. And how is the food over there? I've been spoiled by diverse, good food that's also really cheap here in Norman lol.

And of course... what are the best gun ranges and stores over there???

Thanks in advance guys!

Living: apartments are Nickel Creek and a new complex being built, both at 71st and Highway 75. I lived in Nickel Creek for 1 year before purchasing my house in Sapulpa. The school has a full access gym and so did the apartments. There are plenty of outside gyms to go to such as Golds, 24 hour access, etc....

Food is pretty diverse. Quite a few good restaurants on brookside, downtown, cherry street, etc... Food isn't always cheap, bbut it is always worth it.

BTW, I am currently a 2nd year at the school and there are quite a few other students and alumni around here.

Let me know if I can be of any specific help.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I must be thinking of the clinic you will practice at. I know there is an OU Medical clinic for low income patients on Sheridan that is staffed almost entirely with students or interns. I really can't help you with living arrangements on that side of town. I have lived in Tulsa my entire life and can only think of 3 times I have been to that area of town.
Man that place has been closed for about 2 yrs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom