MEGA and RRA-LPK group buys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavedweller

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This makes me sick. I mean, this just turns my stomach.
Words can not convey the disgust I'm feeling.

I'm still in awe that these buys have turned out this way. This sucks, on so many levels. Obviously, the members involved with these 2 buys may never see their money again. And it's quite possible that this fiasco has ruined the success of group interactions (group buys, fundraisers, etc.) in the future. Whoever is responsible for this mess, thanks for screwing up a great thing we had on OSA.

I sure hope the money went to a great cause. Surely with the amount of money our members lost there was a life saved, or a missing child found, or WW3 was prevented, or a cure for cancer was discovered, or something really important. It makes me want to puke to think about all the hard-worked hours that were spent making that money. If that money was pissed away, the cognitive dissonance would be too much to handle...

I had about 3 more paragraphs ready to type out. But I'm going to quit before I say something I shouldn't . I wish there was something I could do for our members that are in limbo on these deals. I guess our only hope at this time is the legal system. We'll see...
:scream:

Word, I have to repay the people that I sold my lowers to before they arrived, all because I thought Les was a stand-up guy. Thanks for nothing, Les. Literally.

j-dubb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does he still go to gunshows and set up? Does he have his business open daily? If so I may just have to catch up with him at one of these two places and find out where my money is and what hes going to do to fix the problem.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This makes me sick. I mean, this just turns my stomach.
Words can not convey the disgust I'm feeling.

I'm still in awe that these buys have turned out this way. This sucks, on so many levels. Obviously, the members involved with these 2 buys may never see their money again. And it's quite possible that this fiasco has ruined the success of group interactions (group buys, fundraisers, etc.) in the future. Whoever is responsible for this mess, thanks for screwing up a great thing we had on OSA.

I know it does suck, but on the bright side, we are doing 2 Grass Roots Group Buys in the Handgun section right now. Thanks to Leighton for turning us onto the GP100s, we are getting group pricing on them with very low shipping!! :woohoo1:

It is being handled a little different, we set it up for the individuals to pay the dealer directly, but it was good to see that the rest of the board is still willing to participate in these things.

OKCIS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm guessing since mega hasn't posted again they haven't heard anything else from him.
I didnt file a complaint i dunno i guess im too nice and like to give people the benefit of the doubt. At this point im really not even pissed im more just kinda at a loss for words that something like this happened.

Honestly ive bought an unknown amount of stuff on the internet. Literally we buy almost everything except clothes and groceries over the internet. Never once gotten scammed on anything cause im fairly cautious about what and who i buy from. Never in a million years did i think i would walk into and OKC firehouse and lose that much money...... Of all places you would expect to make a safe transaction. Kind of makes me want to call Channel 4

T.R.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didnt file a complaint i dunno i guess im too nice and like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Yeh, I know what you mean 'cause I sorta felt the same way. If it had only been my measly $240, I probably would have just written it off as a lesson learned the hard way, but the total dollar amount of the group buy was just too great for me to let it go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom