MEGA and RRA-LPK group buys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I never said he handled this the right way. He handled it the best way he could.

His best really wasn't enought to show that he had the integrity to respond to his customers. This is an excuse, a poor one at that. If he can get up and go to work, he could have responded to the members here.

I love how this shooting "community" couldn't support a man while he was down because of the money.

I thought people were MORE than supportive around here, if not extremely patient. HE had every chance to respond and make this right. There's a reasonable point to where people figure out it's just an excuse. Just because he had life problems doesn't mean participants in the group buy should look the other way for several months when several thousands of dollars are being held for months on end. How many poor souls at Fort Hood have to get up and go to work tommorrow? Life is tough and it sure ain't fair.

What really makes me sick is the way everyone, even people with nothing in this show have attacked him in the time he needed friends the most. Disgusting.

What makes me sick is that a forum member would recommend him and give him good feedback AFTER felony charges were filed? If that is acceptable to you then our standards are obviously different. Either way, he was a vendor on this site, if he is going to advertise to me then I have every right to comment if someone gives him positive feedback and people I know are getting burned. People should be aware of shady dealings and shady people so that that other people don't have to go through this.

carready

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
OAS Sponsor
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with both of you on different parts. Yes Les should have not let his personal feeling towards some of the members here keep him from responding to the whole. Some members should not have bought into this in search of a quick buck. Some members helped screw this deal up as well by calling Mega and fraudulently act like they were employees of Les's harrassing Mega about the order to the extent that it deteriated contact between Les and Mega.
I don't blame any one person on this deal, it was just a series of unfortunate events that led us all to here. But in my openion there are some VERY good guys on this forum and some that are just problem children. But this deal and the way that some from both sides of this behaved has cost this forum to lose a little of it's luster.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
His best really wasn't enought to show that he had the integrity to respond to his customers. This is an excuse, a poor one at that. If he can get up and go to work, he could have responded to the members here.

I thought people were MORE than supportive around here, if not extremely patient. HE had every chance to respond and make this right. There's a reasonable point to where people figure out it's just an excuse. Just because he had life problems doesn't mean participants in the group buy should look the other way for several months when several thousands of dollars are being held for months on end. How many poor souls at Fort Hood have to get up and go to work tomorrow? Life is tough and it sure ain't fair.

What makes me sick is that a forum member would recommend him and give him good feedback AFTER felony charges were filed? If that is acceptable to you then our standards are obviously different. Either way, he was a vendor on this site, if he is going to advertise to me then I have every right to comment if someone gives him positive feedback and people I know are getting burned. People should be aware of shady dealings and shady people so that that other people don't have to go through this.

His best doesn't have to be good enough for you. I don't know why you think it does. All it has to be good enough for is him. He is the one that has to live with it. I don't even recall you buying any of the parts in question so why are you even posting in this thread? If you want to give him feedback there is a feedback section.

By more than supportive are you talking about the hateful emails, voicemails, texts, etc that people have been sending him? Or those calling mega and impersonating him? Good job comparing this to the tragedy at Ft. Hood. You're a class act.

If you're talking about me recommending him please show me where I posted that people should do business with him. I do remember saying that I would still do business with him and I wasn't lying. I expect your next post to have made up facts and self righteous attitude included as well.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with both of you on different parts. Yes Les should have not let his personal feeling towards some of the members here keep him from responding to the whole. Some members should not have bought into this in search of a quick buck. Some members helped screw this deal up as well by calling Mega and fraudulently act like they were employees of Les's harrassing Mega about the order to the extent that it deteriated contact between Les and Mega.
I don't blame any one person on this deal, it was just a series of unfortunate events that led us all to here. But in my openion there are some VERY good guys on this forum and some that are just problem children. But this deal and the way that some from both sides of this behaved has cost this forum to lose a little of it's luster.

If that's the case a simple refund and some clarity would have sufficed.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His best doesn't have to be good enough for you. I don't know why you think it does.

More importantly, his "best" would have to be good enough for those participating in the buy. Seems for many, going by the posts, it was not.

I don't even recall you buying any of the parts in question so why are you even posting in this thread? If you want to give him feedback there is a feedback section.

I really had nothing to say until you were basically making apologies for him. You said it could happen to anyone. I disagree. You said he's a good guy. Well... there's lots of "good" guys in prison. Some people swore Madoff was a great guy. (not a comparison just a point) To me, your actions define your person.

By more than supportive are you talking about the hateful emails, voicemails, texts, etc that people have been sending him? Or those calling mega and impersonating him? Good job comparing this to the tragedy at Ft. Hood. You're a class act.

First, I didn't compare this to Ft. Hood. I made the example that people in the midst of tragedy will get up and go to work, pay their bills, and fullfill their obligations. It sucks, but it's life. Now, if he couldn't handle certain issues due to depression or something of the like, a SIMPLE post of clarity or refund probably would have gone a long way.

Second, what I was refering to was the amount of support he seemed to get earlier this year when people were concerned for his well being after he lost a friend. Now the "hateful" emails, voicemails, etc were never addressed here by him so I'm ignorant to this, but I assume these came after a signifcant period of time, seems he could have cleared up some confusion if that was the case.

I expect your next post to have made up facts and self righteous attitude included as well.

Has nothing to do with being self-righteous, it's a matter of prefering vendors that want to sell to me on this forum don't have pending felony charges against them. A fact which isn't made up. :D

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I respect your point of view in your last post. I may not completely agree with it all, but you presented it in a good manner. This is a terrible situation for all involved and this forum. I really hope it is finally comming to an end and these people can finally get the stuff they've payed for.

ChrisC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm a minor player in this whole deal ... i ordered a lpk i expected delivery of a LPK.. i didn't call any companies but i did e mail FTF and got the "on back order but coming soon" response. which apparently wasn't the truth.

I'm not doubting the guy has some personal problems but business is business. And if I receive a LPK in the mail ill be happy and will notify the AG's office and tell them as such.

I feel the criminal case is warranted, and based on my experience with white collar crime if the issue wasn't pressed we would still be where we were before the AG's office got involved (and where most of us still are)

Regardless of who he has issues with a little man hood would have helped a great deal to me.... A man admits when he makes mistakes or gets in over his head... A man doesn't duck and dive his responsibilities.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
None of you would be seeing your LPKs unless legal action had been taken.

It's not very noble to do to right thing only at the last possible second when your hand has been forced. Especially after telling folks on the board that the holdup was the supplier for weeks on end.

The fact this dude comes up with gun parts only after facing serious legal penalties kind of cements his reputation as a shady character to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom