MEGA and RRA-LPK group buys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

walkeraw

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a dog in this fight. But, maybe the friends that jumped to his defense at the beginning of all this might be able to shed some light on what is going on? Lots of speculation, for sure..........might be time to knock on his door for a "face to face"?! I sure hope everything works out for everyone.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You all paid Flashover LLC, not Les.
Something to think about.

Yup, he incorporated, which means his business would be the one that gets sued, not him....You also need to watch out for people who incorporate themselves, even when they have no business, everything they buy goes into the name of the corporation.
Now I am not an attorney, and IIRC that is roughly how it works.

I have been following this, damn sorry to read about everything going south, and I hope everyone gets their money back. Best of luck.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There are Limited Liability Corporations and Limited Liability Companies. Both are handled in different ways but neither will defer a criminal act on the part of the owner DBA or “Corporate officers”. I doubt it is a corporation anyhow. Fees and rules are too tight for someone with a mess of business practices like this. More likely it is a Les DBA as a LLC(ompany). I seriously doubt he separated the LLC from his personal expenditures anyhow.

I doubt a lawsuit will gain much. I suggest filing police reports, Challenge paypal and credit card payments. If you mailed payment or used a US postal money order, report to the postal inspector. If enough police reports are filed you should see some action taken. They ones that file first stand a better chance of seeing their money and it does not cost you anything but time.

I’m no lawyer though, and I didn’t sleep in a Holiday Inn Express in the last year.

allotrope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
dont get pissy with me;

I just thought it was worth mentioning since no one hadnt mentioned his company and how this might change things from a pesonal matter to one thats a little more complicated.

My Accurate Iron business banking account will gladly take deposits of checks made out to me personally. I am not an attorney, but I dont think the name on the check changes much.

This can no doubt, have the potential to become a very complicated situation, just as any type of legal situation can be complicated depending upon the circumstances as well the time, evidence, and money someone puts into the legal proceedings. There is so much that we do not know. Were the checks deposited into a personal account or a business account? Was this blatant premeditated fraud?

It is not our duty to speculate, it is the court’s job to that. If you are suggesting that an LLC can declare bankruptcy six months after the original order should have been placed / payed for and there are not going to be any civil or criminal ramifications than you are seriously mistaken. In all fact, it doesn’t matter if he is incorporated or not, he is still responsible for his business. What ever happened to Jeffrey K. Skilling, the former chief executive of Enron? That’s right, he’s currently serving 24 years in prison and was forced to forfeit $45 million. Point proven.

Hopefully the group can get this straightened out. I've only met Les once, and he seemed like a nice guy, but we need answers.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll say this (having not ordered anything from Les).

I would hate to see Les suffering the type of depression or anxiety that TJ did and as a result of all of this make the same mistake.

I think its pretty clear that he's not responding to this site (he may not even be reading these threads), so someone who is a friend of his needs to take the time for a friend and talk to him about how he's doing and what's going on.

If something has happened to the money, or to the business, or to him via his personal life, that sucks, but nothing like this is worth loosing your life over.

If I had even $1000 tied up in the group buy, I'd rather lose it than see someone lose their life over it. I hope he is not doing so badly that he does anything drastic.

If you're reading this Les, shoot me a PM - I don't have anything tied up in this Group buy and I don't really care to badger you about the money, but if you're even remotely in a bad enough place to consider what TJ did, then please don't.

Money can be sorted out later if that's the case. I'm not saying that everyone should forgive and forget all about their money, but there are some things that take a higher priority - even if its just a timing thing.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This can no doubt, have the potential to become a very complicated situation, just as any type of legal situation can be complicated depending upon the circumstances as well the time, evidence, and money someone puts into the legal proceedings. There is so much that we do not know. Were the checks deposited into a personal account or a business account? Was this blatant premeditated fraud?

It is not our duty to speculate, it is the court’s job to that. If you are suggesting that an LLC can declare bankruptcy six months after the original order should have been placed / payed for and there are not going to be any civil or criminal ramifications than you are seriously mistaken. In all fact, it doesn’t matter if he is incorporated or not, he is still responsible for his business. What ever happened to Jeffrey K. Skilling, the former chief executive of Enron? That’s right, he’s currently serving 24 years in prison and was forced to forfeit $45 million. Point proven.

Hopefully the group can get this straightened out. I've only met Les once, and he seemed like a nice guy, but we need answers.

It seems you're mission at OSA is to flame this thread, or no?

John

allotrope

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems you're mission at OSA is to flame this thread, or no?

John

No offense to anyone, but some people are making erroneous one to two line statements which don’t have any validity to back them up. For example, the post above yours (by ez_bake) is very informative and shows a valid thought process, while yours is not, provides no insight, and does not contribute to this thread whatsoever. I am very willing to accept criticism of my logic and statements… if you disagree with something I say feel free to join me in an intellectual debate on this board, I’m not going to be offended. If nobody does, then I will assume that I am making perfect sense.

With that said, I wish the best for Les. I, as well as others (I assume), can wait as long as we have to, just as long as we know this is not a scam because the recent evidence raises some serious questions (Good people can make bad decisions too) . I sort of feel bad for Les, but it doesn’t take much to explain what’s going on.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It is not our duty to speculate, it is the court’s job to that. If you are suggesting that an LLC can declare bankruptcy six months after the original order should have been placed / payed for and there are not going to be any civil or criminal ramifications than you are seriously mistaken. In all fact, it doesn’t matter if he is incorporated or not, he is still responsible for his business. What ever happened to Jeffrey K. Skilling, the former chief executive of Enron? That’s right, he’s currently serving 24 years in prison and was forced to forfeit $45 million. Point proven

Allo

Let's look at your statement shall we? Jeffery Skilling is serving .....
I mean so what, Maybe you can enlighten us?

John:homer:

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you guys please not get this thread locked? :anyone:

Looks like Chris C is going to take action on 7/1/09
Personally if it were me I would not wait that long.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom