Metformin VS Berberine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not your mother or your wife but it's retarded to eat like that and expect results from anything you take. Controlling diabetes is a lifestyle change and looking for miracle pills won't help you get a free pass to eat what you want.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know what it is with my endocrinologists. I’ve seen three in the last three years. The last two were from Syria and I don’t know where this one is from. About the time I learn to pronounce their name correctly, they leave. Anywho, my most recent endocrinologist reviewed my meds. As soon as she saw I was taking Farxiga, she took me off of it right then and wrote a script for Jardiance saying that Farxiga was reported to cause heart problems.

I make it a point to visit all my various specialized doctors on a regular basis and review my meds. In some cases there are disagreements between one doctor or another about what I should or should not be taking. When this happens, I emphasize that the two doctors discuss it together and come to an agreement. I started doing this after my family doctor decided on his own to lessen the dosage of a diuretic that my cardiologist had prescribed.

The result was a sudden and dramatic gain in water weight that put me in some serious respiratory distress for about three months. Once the two doctors had a conversation and compared notes and adjusted my meds accordingly, I lost a lot of the water weight and things went back to normal and getting better.

I was diagnosed with atrial fibrillation and told four years ago that I was eighteen months away from open heart surgery for a heart valve replacement. At my last exam, the doc ordered an echocardiogram. When the results came back, the cardiologist said that my condition had actually improved slightly from the last years test results.

In our older years, we need to stay in close contact with the doctors and make a point to review all meds frequently. There have been numerous times while checking out I’m given a copy of my med list on file and I’ve compared with the list I keep on my phone and found inconsistencies. Stay up to date on everything and make a point to mention it on the next visit.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not your mother or your wife but it's retarded to eat like that and expect results from anything you take. Controlling diabetes is a lifestyle change and looking for miracle pills won't help you get a free pass to eat what you want.
I hardly ever eat like this. I am 77 years old. I dont put sugar in my coffee , dont drink Diet drinks, Drink unsweet tea, Eat meat ,eggs , vegges,brown bread,pecans, nuts,& it gets pretty damn boring.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hardly ever eat like this. I am 77 years old. I dont put sugar in my coffee , dont drink Diet drinks, Drink unsweet tea, Eat meat ,eggs , vegges,brown bread,pecans, nuts,& it gets pretty damn boring.

I'm just saying... the last three meals posted don't bode well for diabetics. In which some of that stuff may work a little, we tried all kinds of things for my father, never found anything that would help him. However, he was noncompliant with his diet so it became a moot point.

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did that include the hambuger with B S 98? Eat a bunch of greasy tater chips with that buger Have read on computer grease slows slows intake of suger from carbohydrates . I am 5ft 10in weigh 164 lbs with low cholesteral so greasy is not a no no.My DOC told me a table spoon of jelly with breakfast with low B S reading was not hurting me.This is just me it may not be you at all.The first thing I noted after taking the first berberine pill was a steady stream of urine. not dribbles stops & starts & stops

Latest posts

Top Bottom