Michael Behenna Released On Parole

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
War is cruel, pure and simple. Sounds like you're judging what he did by domestic local social values, and I think you're wrong. He deserves to be out of prison. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

clock152

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
unless you have been in that type of shithole and had to deal with those types of "rules of engagement".
Unless you pulled your buddies upper body out of a vehicle that was hit by a road side IED and then went back in to try and find the other half.
Unless you watched as shitbags stood over a near death, unarmed soldier, laughing while they kicked and then shot him 23 times starting with his feet.
then you have NO room to speak.
War sucks. people die....they get what they are meant to get when they do what they do.

your opinion is as useless as this thread.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
War is cruel, pure and simple. Sounds like you're judging what he did by domestic local social values, and I think you're wrong. He deserves to be out of prison. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

War Isn't a free for all, kill who ever you want. I agree that atrocities happen in every war. When they are exposed or uncovered, I expect them to be prosecuted. Behenna was prosecuted and found guilty by a military court. He violated military regulations, norms and customs. Domestic, local social values has nothing to do with my opinion.

People who commit crimes in the military are still criminals. I trust that the military courts got it right.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Criminal or not and in spite of my opinion of him getting a "hero's" welcome home, I do think we, as a Nation, owe him medical care. He witnessed horrible things and it affected him.

And that's kinda how I feel. He got held accountable, paid a price and came home.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
War Isn't a free for all, kill who ever you want. I agree that atrocities happen in every war. When they are exposed or uncovered, I expect them to be prosecuted. Behenna was prosecuted and found guilty by a military court. He violated military regulations, norms and customs. Domestic, local social values has nothing to do with my opinion.

People who commit crimes in the military are still criminals. I trust that the military courts got it right.

"YOU CAN'T FIGHT IN THE WAR ROOM!" Those kind of rules? Behenna was made an example by a military court for political reasons. That's why we heard about the case. They don't, at least last time I checked, have a Courts-Martial Channel. Yet.

Ace_on_the_Turn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Here's a tip, if you're going to call someone out on a misspelling it would be best if you hadn't done it in your last post.

Everyone makes mistakes, but when calling another poster an idiot it's a bit amusing to misspell "among". And, damn it, I didn't misspell, I misused. That's all I got.

Latest posts

Top Bottom