Michigan to allow carry in schools and churches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to give props to Michigan on this one.

GlobalPost) – Michigan passed a law Friday that will allow the carrying of concealed weapons in previously off-limits areas including schools, churches, day cares and sports stadiums.

The bill cleared the Senate on Thursday, and was approved by the Republican-controlled House Friday, the same day that 27 people, including 20 children, were killed by gunfire at a Connecticut school.

“If you have pistol free zones they are actually mass murderer empowerment zones,” said Steve Dulan, attorney for the Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners, who represents sportsman clubs throughout Michigan backing the bill.

“If you actually look at the history, even over the past 10 years in the US, you find that maybe all but one mass shooting has occurred in a so-called gun free zone,” he added.

http://cavnews.wordpress.com/2012/12/15/michigan-approves-concealed-weapons-in-schools-churches/

okwarren

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Michigan sure has been passing a lot of right wing laws recently. School carry, right to work, and I also hear they banned private insurance coverage for abortions.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow..... of course, it says they can stay voluntarily gun-free.... wonder who makes that decision for schools? Probably the school board or administration.

Step in the right direction, though!!!!

Sent from my Galaxy Tab 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom