Mihandra Tractors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you talking about local JD dealers? I have a 46 model Case tricycle gas tractor that I can get almost every part for from dealers in the area around Michigan and Minnesota.
I needed a two piece throw out bearing for the one that failed on my Case. Called the guy, and he sent it to me without having to pay for it to make sure it would work. When it did, he said to send him $45.
I sent him $60. Thought it was going to cost three times that much.
Buddy in Tx rebuilt an old massy during the covid BS. He got his parts from up North as well. Don't know if it was the same place, I'd have to ask him for a link to the dealer again as I've lost it. The Exhaust manifold on my Case is cracked. Cast iron I could braise, but I'd like to have one that is original and they have them in stock.
this has been my experience with the ford tractors also. maybe someday the aftermarket will start making these parts for the old deere tractors? i doubt it though cause deere has to have a share in everything.

Aku

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tractor Mike, youtube guy, did a piece about current tractor sales in the US. Rather interesting, sub-compact and compact tractor demand was going down, with supply increasing. Could be that these smaller tractors will go down in price. Bigger tractors and combines, for row crop farmers, still have good demand and supply.
I couldn't find the video, but will look some more and post if I find it.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Tractor Mike, youtube guy, did a piece about current tractor sales in the US. Rather interesting, sub-compact and compact tractor demand was going down, with supply increasing. Could be that these smaller tractors will go down in price. Bigger tractors and combines, for row crop farmers, still have good demand and supply.
Sub-compacts and compacts are easier for the common person to repair themselves, and get little use compared to farm equipment so they're more likely to be kept much longer, and most subs and compacts are for fun and hobby, not for making a living off of.

scubapop

New to the site!
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
i have had two Mahindra in the past about 15 years ago right after started selling in the states.
first a 28 HP had continuous electrical problems. after couple years, traded for a ~40 hp. front end was replaced,
clutch replaced, brakes replaced..with in 2 years and less than 200 hours. I used around the farm to mow, till garden, Have 150 HP JDs were larger work.
finally traded off and got a 50 HP Jd....

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I saw that video. I think he posts the videos about sales after the quarterly results are published. I think the most recent one was in early July.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
i have had two Mahindra in the past about 15 years ago right after started selling in the states.
first a 28 HP had continuous electrical problems. after couple years, traded for a ~40 hp. front end was replaced,
clutch replaced, brakes replaced..with in 2 years and less than 200 hours. I used around the farm to mow, till garden, Have 150 HP JDs were larger work.
finally traded off and got a 50 HP Jd....
IIRC 1995 was the first year Mahindra was available in the US.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sub-compacts and compacts are easier for the common person to repair themselves, and get little use compared to farm equipment so they're more likely to be kept much longer, and most subs and compacts are for fun and hobby, not for making a living off of.
It's not just compacts and subcompacts where demand is going down and supplies are going up, it's also tractors in the 40-100hp category (100+hp 2WD tractors were up just under 10%). Their stats break down, basically, between 2WD and 4WD farm tractors, but for their purposes, front-wheel assist tractors (what most here would call 4WD) are in the 2WD tractor grouping, with their 4WD group being the big articulated jobs.

Here's the referenced Tractor Mike video:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
It's not just compacts and subcompacts where demand is going down and supplies are going up, it's also tractors in the 40-100hp category (100+hp 2WD tractors were up just under 10%). Their stats break down, basically, between 2WD and 4WD farm tractors, but for their purposes, front-wheel assist tractors (what most here would call 4WD) are in the 2WD tractor grouping, with their 4WD group being the big articulated jobs.

Here's the referenced Tractor Mike video:

Ah I see. I consider 100-120hp and less still hobby/spoiled for fun use tractors lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom