Mihandra Tractors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The major draw back for me right now is not having a dealer locally to me so if something goes wrong i cant just quickly run down and get parts and i will have no way to haul it to the closest dealer without having to hire it done.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The major draw back for me right now is not having a dealer locally to me so if something goes wrong i cant just quickly run down and get parts and i will have no way to haul it to the closest dealer without having to hire it done.
I order my filters from here, Bill's Tractor and I ordered a replacement turn signal/flasher assembly that I broke off from another website. It's never needed a dealer for service, I've done the oil changes every 100 hours and hydraulic fluid change which I've only done 2x in 700 hours. Closest dealer to me is about 65 miles. About like Durant to Ada and odds. No dealer in the state had that signal/flasher assembly, I ordered it online at a third of the price of the dealer and it was at my door step in two days. If it needed to go to the dealer and you don't have a way to haul it, it wouldn't matter if the dealer was 2 miles away lol.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ya'll gonna laff at me but you are missing out on the cheap belarus tractors. they are serviced now by mtz but they are 100 percent made by one company and parts are cheap.

Same with Yanmar. The old Yanmar tractors are still pretty popular. Now they're supplying engines for almost every maker out there. My JD has a Yanmar engine.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I order my filters from here, Bill's Tractor and I ordered a replacement turn signal/flasher assembly that I broke off from another website. It's never needed a dealer for service, I've done the oil changes every 100 hours and hydraulic fluid change which I've only done 2x in 700 hours. Closest dealer to me is about 65 miles. About like Durant to Ada and odds. No dealer in the state had that signal/flasher assembly, I ordered it online at a third of the price of the dealer and it was at my door step in two days. If it needed to go to the dealer and you don't have a way to haul it, it wouldn't matter if the dealer was 2 miles away lol.
Yeah but it would be easier and cheaper to hire someone to go 2 miles compared to 100 miles. Im a tightwad and try to get by the cheapest route i can with good quality. We have a Kabota and JD dealer here and im not a big fan of Kabotas by what few i have been around and so far JD hasnt had anything im looking for in the price range im at willing to pay right now.

Shooflyreed

New to the site!
Reaction score
I have a neighbor who worked for years at JD. I asked him once about Mahindra and he had nothing good to say. He may be biased towards JD but he had some good points. I asked him about Yanmar and he couldn't say anything bad about them. I owned a gray market one years ago that was one heck of a work horse. I don't think I would leave them out when considering a small to mid-size tractor.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a neighbor who worked for years at JD. I asked him once about Mahindra and he had nothing good to say. He may be biased towards JD but he had some good points. I asked him about Yanmar and he couldn't say anything bad about them. I owned a gray market one years ago that was one heck of a work horse. I don't think I would leave them out when considering a small to mid-size tractor.
I don't know about these emission diesel's of today but 15-20 years ago the Yanmar was a helluva an engine. I ran my friend's JD 4500 for about 10hrs about a month ago and the fuel gauge barely moved.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about these emission diesel's of today but 15-20 years ago the Yanmar was a helluva an engine. I ran my friend's JD 4500 for about 10hrs about a month ago and the fuel gauge barely moved.
My Mahindra is pre DEF. I was considering trading up to a cab style with a.c., but I don’t know if I want all that emission garbage on one.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
He was biased lol.

Ryan500L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Mahindra is pre DEF. I was considering trading up to a cab style with a.c., but I don’t know if I want all that emission garbage on one.
I asked the salesman at the Case dealer in Chickasha if they had many problems with that stuff and he kinda said yeah, all tractors have problems. Makes me want to find a descent JD 4020 and pay good money for it, least you don't have to worry about that crap. That 65 HP Case with 4x4 and loader was 56 grand! No cab.

Latest posts

Top Bottom