Mihandra Tractors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was all JD 4020's the same or was there different styles thru the years cause the one we have i hate that thing to me its not user friendly one bit all the controls are mounted on the dash if you want to call it a dash, i like the pto and lift levers to be mounted next to the seat on opposites sides, to me it may be fine if your in a wide open big field but for brushhogging in small areas and box blading it is a pain.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my siblings have been telling my sister to sell it ever since we inherited it and get something smaller if she wants one around but i have gave up on that so im on a search for my own cause i can already see the writing on the wall if something goes wrong i will be accused of causing it if i ever just use it once even its just to start it to keep the batteries charged.

The Duke

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rant *ON* - I never recommend buying a mahindra. If someone gives you one take it, but I would not spend my own money on a mahindra. There are way better tractors out there for the same money. Yanmar, MF, Kioti, shibaura, deutz, New holland, John Deere, etc. Mahindra is MAYBE ahead of the china made tractors in terms of reliability. Any japanese made tractor is at least an order of magnitude (lets say 1000 times) better. I would rather have a 5000 hr Deutz or New Holland than a 50 hr Mahindra. Rant *OFF*

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Figure out what you want, Hp, trans, 4x4, loader and size Then start looking, sit in them and see how comfortable the seat and the controls are. Engines weather gas or diesel, turbo or not. I decided I want one with a none turbo diesel in a utility size with loader and started looking. I found one that was use in great shape, it is a JD 4005 40 horse and works great for me. It has a Yanmar engine and manual trans, no shutle shift. It being short wheel base it is rough going up and down hills.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Rant *ON* - I never recommend buying a mahindra. If someone gives you one take it, but I would not spend my own money on a mahindra. There are way better tractors out there for the same money. Yanmar, MF, Kioti, shibaura, deutz, New holland, John Deere, etc. Mahindra is MAYBE ahead of the china made tractors in terms of reliability. Any japanese made tractor is at least an order of magnitude (lets say 1000 times) better. I would rather have a 5000 hr Deutz or New Holland than a 50 hr Mahindra. Rant *OFF*
What is your rant based off of?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a John Deere 970 which is a Yanmar, and it was a great tractor. If it had been 4wd I would still have it.

Tractor discussions are like truck discussions. Everyone thinks what ever brand they have is the greatest thing since sliced white bread and will get butthurt if anyone bad mouths it.🤣

Last edited:

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I had a John Deere 970 which is a Yanmar, and it was a great tractor. If it had been 4wd I would still have it.

Tractor discussions are like truck discussions. Everyone thinks what ever brand they have is the greatest thing since sliced white bread and will get butthurt if anyone bad mouths it.🤣
I've never really had any brand of anything I've owned give me trouble from vehicles to farm equipment. Don't drive them like drunk 15yo boys, preventive and routine maintenance and just about everything will last. Some people are just are hard on things and live life perpetually broken down.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the 4020 john deere is getting hard to get parts for.
Are you talking about local JD dealers? I have a 46 model Case tricycle gas tractor that I can get almost every part for from dealers in the area around Michigan and Minnesota.
I needed a two piece throw out bearing for the one that failed on my Case. Called the guy, and he sent it to me without having to pay for it to make sure it would work. When it did, he said to send him $45.
I sent him $60. Thought it was going to cost three times that much.
Buddy in Tx rebuilt an old massy during the covid BS. He got his parts from up North as well. Don't know if it was the same place, I'd have to ask him for a link to the dealer again as I've lost it. The Exhaust manifold on my Case is cracked. Cast iron I could braise, but I'd like to have one that is original and they have them in stock.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like someone got a lemon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom