mike 'doomsday' morgan kfor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't understand how anyone can stand to watch/listen to him. Anytime 2 clouds get close enough together he is drumming up a dramatic end of world mega storm occurring.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He drives me nuts. His sparkly tie is horrible. He makes up crazy sayings. He tends to over exaggerate.

Then Joplin happened. They had no little to no warning and many lives were lost because of this.

I stopped bitching about our local guys. They save lives. Even in a sparkle tie.

We can knock them and *****, but we have some of the most wicked weather in the world. These guys are simply trying to help and protect us.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He drives me nuts. His sparkly tie is horrible. He makes up crazy sayings. He tends to over exaggerate.

Then Joplin happened. They had no little to no warning and many lives were lost because of this.

I stopped bitching about our local guys. They save lives. Even in a sparkle tie.

We can knock them and *****, but we have some of the most wicked weather in the world. These guys are simply trying to help and protect us.

This. We were one of the families that listened and left last night. What if we had stayed and died in the rubble? What a rough job those guys have; damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm with you Spata. After all the years of hearing "You can't outrun a tornado in your car" and he tells folks to try to. If he had said "If you don't have a shelter find one asap, get below ground". I could understand that. That night some of the reporters said they couldn't understand why there was so much traffic out with all the warnings.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you Spata. After all the years of hearing "You can't outrun a tornado in your car" and he tells folks to try to. If he had said "If you don't have a shelter find one asap, get below ground". I could understand that. That night some of the reporters said they couldn't understand why there was so much traffic out with all the warnings.

I can not disagree, but I think after '99 things changed. They said for ever to hide in a closet or bathtub, but then we had houses removed and only slabs left, the advice to hide in a tub with a helmet on has changed. We had not seen 318 mph before. Now we have.

Come on guys, these guys do a great job. They do the best they can to try and save lives, and you guys *****. Change the channel.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Morgan is the worst about that. We were all talking about him at work last week.
Annoying? hell yes...dangerous? Not so much. They are trying to help and do what they think is right.
Sure it's fun to poke fun at their over reactions and at the storm chasers extreme disappointment when a rotation peters out. But they do a very good job.

I get a kick out of David Payne in channel 9. Him and Val always talking over each other with Gary. Trying to referee is classic...yet extremely annoying and unproductive at the same time.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If everyone would have stayed home and it was another tornado like the Moore tornado then I bet you wouldn't be questioning (blaming him) for his comments. Most of our weather guys/gals annoy me but I think that all of them try to give the best advice that they can and for someone that is not in their position to point the finger at them when people have lost their lives is pathetic.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can not disagree, but I think after '99 things changed. They said for ever to hide in a closet or bathtub, but then we had houses removed and only slabs left, the advice to hide in a tub with a helmet on changed. We had not seen 318 mph before. Now we have.

Come on guys, these guys do a great job. They do the best they can to try and save lives, and you guys *****. Change the channel.

It's kinda like the Weatherman version of "Monday Morning Quarterback"

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you wait to long to get out of the way then it's a crapshoot. Stay and maybe get hit or leave and maybe get hit. Pick your poison.

Latest posts

Top Bottom