mike 'doomsday' morgan kfor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Morgan is the worst about that. We were all talking about him at work last week.
Annoying? hell yes...dangerous? Not so much. They are trying to help and do what they think is right.
Sure it's fun to poke fun at their over reactions and at the storm chasers extreme disappointment when a rotation peters out. But they do a very good job.

I get a kick out of David Payne in channel 9. Him and Val always talking over each other with Gary. Trying to referee is classic...yet extremely annoying and unproductive at the same time.

I still think someone needs to slip David Payne about half a Valium before he goes storm chasing. Might not be a bad idea for Mike Morgan too. I also agree about Gary trying to referee. Sometimes it seems like he is the adult with a bunch of hyper kids to deal with.

daytomann

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still think someone needs to slip David Payne about half a Valium before he goes storm chasing. Might not be a bad idea for Mike Morgan too. I also agree about Gary trying to referee. Sometimes it seems like he is the adult with a bunch of hyper kids to deal with.

David Payne on Valium , hmmmm....
That might go from annoying to awesomeness! That could make for some great TV.Lol!!!

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with you Spata. After all the years of hearing "You can't outrun a tornado in your car" and he tells folks to try to. If he had said "If you don't have a shelter find one asap, get below ground". I could understand that. That night some of the reporters said they couldn't understand why there was so much traffic out with all the warnings.

Most of the storms really started hitting towards the end of rush hour. People wanted to get home and be with their family not at work worrying about family.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't recall him telling anybody to leave their homes and drive away, if he did I would like to hear that. What I heard him say on the radio was trying to help the folks still caught out on the road. He was suggesting a direction for them to travel to try to get away from the current storm. It was friday at approx 6 P.M. there were thousands of people on the roads already and he was just trying to direct them to a better area. Its not just Mike Morgan, I have heard similar things said from the other stations too.

read this

cichlid-dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I can say that when I have had 4 of theses tornados head my direction I don't screw around any more. We packed up pets and left. The only mistake we made was sitting in noble for about 20 min and getting stuck in the traffic jam. We were in the lead till that happened.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tornado's I'm ok with all of them, but Mike is just way to "life threatening" BS.

A thunderstorm, or a snow event takes place and it goes to 24 hour coverage with the reporters and their little rulers measuring the slush at the curb while traffic rolls on behind them.

That is insanely stupid.

I travel for the company a bit, and usually its in the Cleveland Oh area in the snow belt.

Their snow report consists of " be carefull out there in the snow" and thats it.

Folks coming from that area laugh their butts off at the depth of our weather coverage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom