military members and concealed carry?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

helmethead

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had this same question when I was about to take the class. Since I wanted my wife to get her CCW, we took the class together and I was told I could skip out on the second half of the course (the firing portion) since I have pistol shooter (M9 expert YeaH!) on my dd214.

But someone on here asked me why I would pass up a chance to go shooting and I had to agree. If my wife wouldn't have been there, I probably would have skipped the shooting, but the better than saving the money would be saving the time, about 4 hours out of a perfectly good saturday.

P.S.>>>>>>>>>> In virginia where I was last stationed, an Active Duty military can get their CCW with only a signed statement and an active duty ID card. With Reciprocity, that means you are good to carry in several other states, including Oklahoma (IIRC). Wish I would have gotten mine there before I left. DOH!

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok thanks, just got done taking my class and i have to say im dissapointed, i was in and out in 3 1/2 hours for the whole class, shooting and all, i dont feel i learned very much from the class, it seemed rushed.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
egh it can be guessed by my location, i dont want to bad mouth anyone but it is continuing to bother me, most of my class was over 50 and didnt know much about the rules and regs, i think they left more confused than when they went in

edit: i feel like i paid 60 bucks for a 20 dollar class

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
edit: i feel like i paid 60 bucks for a 20 dollar class

You paid 60 bucks to get the rubber stamp, liberal feel-good "training" requirement satisfied so you can get your permit.

Now go sign up for some good non-government mandated training....and read the SDA law book front to back twice.

Congrats....

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
there were 16 people in my class, at 60 dollars a person thats 960 dollars, we all got a photocopied certificate that he signed and a list of states we could carry in, thats it. his buddy lets him take us over to his backyard to shoot a few times. so he made strait profit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom