Minimum Wage - the fallout!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xandria

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is nonsense. You were being sarcastic and you know it. I am new here and I don't mean to be confrontational, but do you not want the wages to keep up inflation rates, at least marginally? Everything is going up! rent, food, gas (until recently), clothes, schools tuition.. Why shouldn't the wages keep up with it?

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Of course is not. I used to work security, never made more than $16 an hour, and that was after years of experience. federal minimum wage needs to go up asap.

On edit. Ive risked my life more than once. I had bullets fly by me, patrol car tire slashed with me in the vehicle, etc. Federal minimum wage is ridiculous. Armored truck guards make only $10-$12 an hour. is that worth risking your life for?

Nope. That's why I didn't apply for that job.

Who stuck a gun in your ribs and forced you to take the job for that salary?

Xandria

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I loved working security.. Its an important field. have you ever wondered what would happen if all security guards quit?? This is not a personal issue, I no longer do that. It is a reality issue. These people risk their life every day to protect your safety ands your money's safety. They often get shot or even die while on duty. Don't you think they deserve at least a livable wage?? Or would you like to outsource them too?

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we have a serious discussion without sarcasm?

Wages should keep up with inflation, IMHO. Do you disagree with that?
Mandatory minimum wage increases will do nothing but drive up the costs of goods and services and cost some of the low-wage workers their jobs.

In essence, everyone who makes above minimum wage gets a pay cut and the folks at minimum wage stay there or move down when they lose their job.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If just the minimum wage goes up to $15.00 per hour then the manager of McDonald's wouldn't be making anything so they'd have to raise the manager's wages to be fair. Then the cost of the product is going to go up proportionally to what?...$9.00 for a Big Mac? And we all are sitting back with our puny pension if we even have one...who is going to pay those prices?
I am not buying into the idea of $15.00 minimum wage, it is foolish and will lead to inflation on most item produced and procured in the US. Bernie is nuts! We can't afford free college, free medical and he wants to raise taxes to ?20% more to pay for the freebies-then we have Obama's national debt....and he wants 4 billion to fight the mosquitoes!

Xandria

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mandatory minimum wage increases will do nothing but drive up the costs of goods and services and cost some of the low-wage workers their jobs.

In essence, everyone who makes above minimum wage gets a pay cut and the folks at minimum wage stay there or move down when they lose their job.

Ive worked armored truck security for a very short while ( the little money wasn't worth the risk) . They get paid $10 and $11 an hour. A wage increase wont drive the prices up, the prices are already up due to inflation.

Xandria

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
If just the minimum wage goes up to $15.00 per hour then the manager of McDonald's wouldn't be making anything so they'd have to raise the manager's wages to be fair. Then the cost of the product is going to go up proportionally to what?...$9.00 for a Big Mac? And we all are sitting back with our puny pension if we even have one...who is going to pay those prices?
I am not buying into the idea of $15.00 minimum wage, it is foolish and will lead to inflation on most item produced and procured in the US. Bernie is nuts! We can't afford free college, free medical and he wants to raise taxes to ?20% more to pay for the freebies-then we have Obama's national debt....and he wants 4 billion to fight the mosquitoes!
Have you ever visited Europe or Canada?

Commander Keen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive worked armored truck security for a very short while ( the little money wasn't worth the risk) . They get paid $10 and $11 an hour. A wage increase wont drive the prices up, the prices are already up due to inflation.
If people didn't take the job for $10-11/hour then the company would have to either pay more or do without workers (not that it would last long).

Unless the company is willing to operate making less profit, they would have to either raise the cost of their services or cut costs to make up for any pay increase.

Latest posts

Top Bottom