MLK Jr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who cares. Michael King was nothing but a race baiting Marxist lying fraud who has his own American holiday because this is a country of blind kool aid drinking sheep that can't think for themselves and eat whatever dung is shoveled at their faces

Sometimes it's just best to keep your feelings to yourself

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's not what I saw in SoCal. What I saw was that they were normally very conservative with their money, lived modestly by choice, saved and paid cash for what they bought. The impression I got was that they were humble, grateful for what they had, and just as hard working as the hispanics. Most had a nice "rainy day fund" too. They could come across as nosey though. Our next door neighbor came over while we were moving in and asked "how much you pay"? pointing at the house. lol Different culture, that's all. I'll also say that the older asian gentleman across the street drove me nuts. He kept his house and yard very nice, he was out in the yard working about 4 days a week. And he blasted Frank Sinatra music the whole dang time! :pissed: I wanted to totally crank the Lynyrd Skynyrd sooooo bad...

Were you in northern Orange county? Like Westminster or something? It's pretty suburban there from what I saw (which was very limited I will admit). Contrast that to Chinatown in downtown near Philippe's and Dodger's Stadium, which is much different socioeconomically.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Were you in northern Orange county? Like Westminster or something? It's pretty suburban there from what I saw (which was very limited I will admit). Contrast that to Chinatown in downtown near Philippe's and Dodger's Stadium, which is much different socioeconomically.

Actually yes. Westminster was just up the road. Remember the bruhaha about that communist flag in that little store? That was going on right up the road. What a mess that was. Never got up to SF but did spend some time in Hollyweird. My aunt lived there. SF is like another planet from what I can tell.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's not what I saw in SoCal. What I saw was that they were normally very conservative with their money, lived modestly by choice, saved and paid cash for what they bought. The impression I got was that they were humble, grateful for what they had, and just as hard working as the hispanics. Most had a nice "rainy day fund" too. They could come across as nosey though. Our next door neighbor came over while we were moving in and asked "how much you pay"? pointing at the house. lol Different culture, that's all. I'll also say that the older asian gentleman across the street drove me nuts. He kept his house and yard very nice, he was out in the yard working about 4 days a week. And he blasted Frank Sinatra music the whole dang time! :pissed: I wanted to totally crank the Lynyrd Skynyrd sooooo bad...
Your about right on.
The asians for the most part live like they are still in a third world country(eatin' fish heads and rice)lol. But have a ton of money in the bank for kids education and retirement.
I know cause I'm married to one.

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MLK, like JFK, appears to me to have become a martyr for some Boomers. Did not know the man, but it does appear he had ties to Communists, or so the Democratic Progressive administration of that time claimed. Many black people had been Republicans since the Redistruction era. Not sure how MLK has any effect on today's political scene, with the possible exception of Jesse "The Spawn" Jackson and his silliness.

You have to wonder how revered he would be today if he had turned into a Sharpton or Jackson.

benjamin-benjamin

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
wow i am shocked, the man had the easy life set up, traveling the world, well educated and his said his one regret was the fact he let the police kick him out of prison, he said he wished he would have stayed!! he didn't have to do what he did, he was the leading reason there wasn't more violence during this time. I am really somewhat depressed after reading this thread, i have read every single one of his speeches, lessons, books and interviews. Was he perfect of course not, no one is, but to slander him without any knowledge is amazing. Hate is a powerful thing

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

This is gonna sound vague, but i read an article about how asian people don't mind talking about their personal wealth because they mostly made about the same which was being compared in contrast to the American population being so tight lipped about their financial situation. Maybe this is where your experience stemmed from.

Not to offend your experience, but if you're talking about what you saw in San Fran I wouldn't take that as "normal" as nothing in that city is considered normal.

dieseltech09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh Benjamin how easy it is to use the word hate when it comes to issues as this. I dont hate anyone but because my thoughts on this subject go against what society tells us is the truth you think im filled with hate and probably think im rasict, which I can assure you I am not. There are plenty of facts to support what I stated about the man you admire. I'd ask you to research it but im afraid you would be to closed minded and label everything you read as raisct propaganda so im not going to waste my time

68mustang

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh Benjamin how easy it is to use the word hate when it comes to issues as this. I dont hate anyone but because my thoughts on this subject go against what society tells us is the truth you think im filled with hate and probably think im rasict, which I can assure you I am not. There are plenty of facts to support what I stated about the man you admire. I'd ask you to research it but im afraid you would be to closed minded and label everything you read as raisct propaganda so im not going to waste my time

maybe you can enlighten us with some links?

Latest posts

Top Bottom