More EV fun stuff!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
People tend to get carried away with anything new. That even includes me, but reality always sets in eventually! Usually about the time the government subsidies stop! remember home wind mills, Beanie Babies, Ostriches and Emus, wood chip stoves, street legal golf carts, and PET ROCKS? I don't even care if EV's work, or not. I simply can't imagine where all that extra power generating capacity is going to come from! We have brown outs in a many places in peak periods now, and if EV's catch on, and include over the road trucks, that will what, triple or quadruple, the demand for electricity? Sounds like a Nuclear Power Plant on every corner to me? Do tree huggers really want that?

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
People tend to get carried away with anything new. That even includes me, but reality always sets in eventually! Usually about the time the government subsidies stop! remember home wind mills, Beanie Babies, Ostriches and Emus, wood chip stoves, street legal golf carts, and PET ROCKS? I don't even care if EV's work, or not. I simply can't imagine where all that extra power generating capacity is going to come from! We have brown outs in a many places in peak periods now, and if EV's catch on, and include over the road trucks, that will what, triple or quadruple, the demand for electricity? Sounds like a Nuclear Power Plant on every corner to me? Do tree huggers really want that?
No, but Fukushima was 12 years ago, memories are short. Germany, Japan, France all shut down nuclear programs as a result. Don't worry, they'll remember,

Chris Hayes

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, but Fukushima was 12 years ago, memories are short. Germany, Japan, France all shut down nuclear programs as a result. Don't worry, they'll remember,
Germany has been tearing down wind farms to replace them with new nuke gens. They figured it out that wind just doesn't produce enough or reliably enough.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A new EV battery building plant in Kansas will require a lot of coal and gas powered generators to have enough power to operate.

Making EV Batteries at Kansas Plant Means Extending Coal Fired Power Plant

"The $4 billion EV battery plant is being built in De Soto, a suburb of Kansas City and is expected to begin mass production of batteries by the end of March 2025.

Here’s the catch. The plant will require so much energy for its operations that a local coal-fired plant will be expanded and the life of the plant will be extended.

This massive EV battery factory will require enormous amounts of power. So much energy, in fact, that a coal-fired plant in Lawrence, one owned by Evergy, will be expanded and the life of the plant will be extended. The EV battery factor will require close to 250 megawatts of electricity.

The Kansas City Star reported that Evergy had original plans to shut down the coal-fired Unit 4 at the Lawrence Energy Center and do so later this year or early next year. But now the company, with 1.6 million customers in Kansas and Missouri, has moved to extend the life of the coal plant until 2023, then convert Unit 5 to gas to provide the power."

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Germany has been tearing down wind farms to replace them with new nuke gens. They figured it out that wind just doesn't produce enough or reliably enough.
They say Edison tried thousands of things trying to find an element that would actually hold up in the electric light, before he figured it out! I suspect they will figure out some other means of powering vehicles, or how to get around without damaging the environment, if they keep trying! If WARS escalate any more the survives will be WALKING , DIGGING UP GRUBS TO EAT WITH A SHARP STICK!! PROBLEM SOLVED?

Latest posts

Top Bottom