More sheds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
“Acorn points” are a common injury-based oddity seen each fall. This is a swelling in the middle or near the tip of a hardened antler tine. Acorn points are caused when the buck bumps the growing tip of the tine on something hard. The velvet on the tip is injured and, in the process of repairing itself, deposits more antler material at that location.

Source: http://www.muledeer.org/hunting/mule-deer-facts/not-your-typical-antlers

Interesting information on that link.

corbinlee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roosa did you get any damage with ice storm in early dec.
I finally made it down to our lease a week ago and man it was bad. We have trees down everywhere and more limbs down than still up. Took about 5 hours for 9 guys with two tractors to clear the mile section to get to our lease. We have a ton of work ahead of us this year.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Roosa did you get any damage with ice storm in early dec.
I finally made it down to our lease a week ago and man it was bad. We have trees down everywhere and more limbs down than still up. Took about 5 hours for 9 guys with two tractors to clear the mile section to get to our lease. We have a ton of work ahead of us this year.

Yeah, pretty rough, huh? I've been cutting limbs every chance I get for weeks now. Bout to get a handle on the downed limbs but haven't even started on the miles and miles of fencelines. On the bright side, you'll have plenty of wood for camp this year!

Deer Slayer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Boy, you got that right. I am trying to get a gang to come down and cut the mile or so of roads with downed limbs. Sticky may come and some others for a nice cutting party.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My daughter and I found six matching sets of antlers Friday evening, still attached to bucks grazing in cut milo along with about a dozen doe.

Latest posts

Top Bottom