Most Comfortable Carry Position

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rshep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't been carrying very long, probably a little over a month now and I can't find a comfortable way to do so.

Equipment:
I have been switching between my Kahr CW9 and my M&P 9. The Kahr gets most of my time just for its size.

I also have a nice sturdy belt made specifically for carrying, can't remember the maker though.

For the kahr I have a Crossbreed IWB holster and for the M&P I have a Mtac.

I usually carry right at or just behind 3o'clock and just can't seem to get comfortable for any amount of time. I hear stories of people "forgetting" they had their gun on because it is comfortable for them. I don't think I could ever get that comfortable. Not that I would actually want to forget I had my firearm on, I'd just like it to not cause discomfort

any tips or hints?

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A little out of the norm but I carry IWB at about 2:00. Reason being, this position works for me and seat belts. I don't want my carry gun to be so comfortable I "forget it is there". It should be "comforting", not "comfortable".

257wby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry with an IWB at 12:30. My Kahr PM40 is my everyday, but I used to carry a G23c in the same position. The holster, is not firearm specifc, but fits me and my Kahr well. Deep tucked where the grip is inline with my waste.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i carry mine in the same type holsters and at the same position you mention. xd9 service in my cross breed super and M&P 45 in my comp-tac minotaur. You might try getting the leather wet and wearing it til it dries. I bought mine in the summer and sweating on it and wearing it nonstop got mine good and formed to my hip and i hardly ever notice either of them.

jej

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry OWB at about 3 o'clock. Way more comfortable for me then IWB. It does require more attention to the cover garment. Yes, I can literally forget its there.

My current favorite holsters are Don Hume, on a stiff belt.

jej

Latest posts

Top Bottom