Most Comfortable Carry Position

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you guys sit in the car with it so far back - 4:30 - 5? I wear mine around 3:30 so that it doesn't jab me when sitting in the car.

B

wildturkey54

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OWB, Don Hume, Glock 27, or sig 229 dao 9mm. Rides high easy draw at a little past 3 o'clock. more concerned with cover than anything. After a couple yrs of carry it is very comforting.

mons meg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't wanna sound like the Thread Police, but this should go in the Self Defense/Concealed Carry forum.

Oh, and I can only carry right at 3:00-3:30, I need my hip bone to "lock" the pistol in straight. ;)

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I carry OWB at about 3 o'clock. Way more comfortable for me then IWB. It does require more attention to the cover garment. Yes, I can literally forget its there.

My current favorite holsters are Don Hume, on a stiff belt.

jej

OWB for me also,full size pistols require a slightly longer cover garment.More like 4 o'clock here though. Steve

Rshep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for all the tips, I think I am going to start by wetting the holster a little to try and form it. Im really starting to think it is just issues with my lower back and not the holsters....

savedbygrace

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry an officer framed 1911 in a cross breed super tuck at about the 4-430 behind the right hip. It is very comfortable to me even riding in the car. I had to experiment with the location of the clips and the position on my belt for several weeks before I found the spot that was gave the most comfort vs access for me. Take some time and play with the cant and position of the clips I was suprised how much a very small position change made a huge improvement in comfort.

Jam Master Jay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry at 4:30 or so. It doesn't sound comfortable but I've found it is much more comfortable than anywhere else, especially when riding in a car. It's also a little more concealable than right on the side or in front.

Latest posts

Top Bottom