Most difficult decision of building an AR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the OP. Optics/sights are always my hardest decision. I did go back and forth a few times on the butt stock for my spr build until I picked up an ACS from one of the local FGST members. Good luck with your build.

Well, that's another thing all together. I know I'll be getting some Magpul MBUS sights, but I'm going to wait on the optics. I find it kind of concerning that some optics can cost much more than the entire rifle itself.

Phildo64

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, that's another thing all together. I know I'll be getting some Magpul MBUS sights, but I'm going to wait on the optics. I find it kind of concerning that some optics can cost much more than the entire rifle itself.

Quality, definitely a difference between a Acog type optic vs and actual Acog. It was hard for me a first too, but after you see what an Aimpoint can go through you'll get the idea.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

The Aimpoint PRO hits a pretty good sweet spot between quality and price. Just got one and it is a lot better than the Lucid HD7 I have had for a while.

Arin Morris

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll keep my eye out. It's kind of funny. I guess there's two types of people who want AR-15's. I asked the pro's and con's of a long hand guard on a short barrel in another topic and it seems a majority of the answers were, "It looks cool." :anyone:

ibanda

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
Sorta stuck on my first build whether to go fixed FSB or free float the barrel. Right now I might choose FSB and go cheaper, except that I already have a stripped barrel. Lesson learned if you are going to go FSB buy it that way from the factory.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the tips guys. I'll keep my eye out. It's kind of funny. I guess there's two types of people who want AR-15's. I asked the pro's and con's of a long hand guard on a short barrel in another topic and it seems a majority of the answers were, "It looks cool." :anyone:

The pro is arm extension when shooting at speed. The farther out and higher up on the forend you get, the faster you can drive the gun. That's why all the 3-gunners run extra long tubes.

elance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thats why you own nine , besides if you dont like it whatever config you have , you can mix and match em .

personally i like carry handle , iron sights, fixed stock light barrel . and most of all steel russian ammo . ok already changed my mind the slidefire is best stock and somewhat fixed lol .
good luck

elance

Latest posts

Top Bottom