Movie theaters asking women to open their purses... looking for guns.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loudshirt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Concerts and sporting events have been doing these searches for years. Water parks and public pools do searches for food and drinks. Finding weapons is possibly a side effect from the searches for candy and drinks. I have not been to the movies much over the past few years. When I go it is usually me and my son so no purses.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im good to go usually always wearing baggie clothes with no problems unless I get pat down or hit with the wand and that hasnt happened yet, at least at the Warren in BA where I usually go on Friday afternoons. After all the shite that has gone on at theatres I wont be there without me gun and knife, I'll wait for em to hit TV.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend in Austin says they started looking in purses and backpacks a while back. Oddly enough our friends in other big cities including Denver haven't mentioned it...but I haven't asked. I haven't heard reports of it in Tulsa yet.

I'd be bummed because my girlfriend smuggles me booze in. It's how she gets me to go in the first place.

Really? Weird. My wife and I haven't had that happen to us yet. We've been in Austin for over 5 years minus the brief 1yr stint in Tulsa.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really? Weird. My wife and I haven't had that happen to us yet. We've been in Austin for over 5 years minus the brief 1yr stint in Tulsa.
Maybe she looks suspicious?.:/

I'm not sure which theater(s) she was talking about.

Any search would be easy to beat with a gun, candy, or a flask. My 40oz of High Life I make my old lady smuggle would be no more though (and no, I don't drink while carrying).

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When is the last time we heard of a woman doing a mass killing? I don't remember even in the distant past. Usually it's some nut-a male. And then they go after all the legal gun owners and not the nuts.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When is the last time we heard of a woman doing a mass killing? I don't remember even in the distant past. Usually it's some nut-a male. And then they go after all the legal gun owners and not the nuts.

last week in Stillwater. but this doesn't make your point invalid. I don't know how many of you are on anti depressants or something similar,but i have two friends that killed themselves after they were put on these drugs. it seems to me that some people want to commit suicide and take as many with them as they can.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't check for a damn thing down here in Ada. Had a girl behind me take a Chili's to go box out of her purse and finished her cheeseburger sliders at Avengers Age of Ultron.

Latest posts

Top Bottom