Moving to Kansas

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What part?
I'd tell you but I'd have to..................oh hell. I just realized that there are too many of you for me to deal with.

Seriously, we're going to Douglass, south-east of Wichita. It's between Augusta and Ark City. We have grandkids in both places.

ETA Sorry: meant Winfield

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd tell you but I'd have to..................oh hell. I just realized that there are too many of you for me to deal with.

Seriously, we're going to Douglass, south-east of Wichita. It's between Augusta and Ark City. We have grandkids in both places.
Hard to blame you for that move then.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I make deliveries up in ark city. I like the area up there.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Congrats on the move. Used to know the Chief of Police there back in the day. He came to our range in Ponca to shoot competitions.
Haven't heard from him in years. He was having serious health issues.

Sgt Dog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My granddad sharecropped a farm just outside Atlanta for his brother-in-law the second half of his life. That’s a tiny drying-up town just South of you. My sister was born in a house that still stands on the main drag. I used to drive up every month or so (late 70s, early 80s) when the kids were little, to spend time with gramma after he died. Loved it that place. Even with the fiddlebacks. To hear-tell of the hustle and bustle of those little farm communities from the 40s and 50s is to know what change really is.

Hope you enjoy it. Good to be near grands!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom