Mustang Post Office Handicap Parking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would like some opinions on how the Mustang Post Office has their handicap parking. Should the blue sign be moved to the left and the area between the space and ramp be painted for wheel chair acces?

IMG_0802.jpeg
IMG_0801.jpeg
IMG_0800.jpeg

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i'm guessing the sign to the left of the ramp old and was used to identify the area where the ramp now sits. You can make out the old wheel chair paint on the ground. I don't think the spot with the honda is handicapped parking (though maybe it is and i can't see the parking lot lines).

My guess is they had to add a better ramp and flipped the handicapped spot from the left sign to the right sign, or just took out the left one. Because the angled parking and the ramp rails don't follow the same angle, it created that middle area between the ramp and the honda. And they left the sign.

From my experience, groups that handle ADA issues for federal facilities are pretty on top of things. Not always, but it's one of those areas that (at least around here) can get your in trouble pretty quick so groups are highly aware of things that don't meet the code.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The stripped area on the right is stupid. What purpose does it serve. The spot where the Honda is parked is usually used by non handicap people because the sign is not in front. The post office was told and they chose the cheap way out and didn’t move the sign over like they should have.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The stripped area on the right is stupid. What purpose does it serve. The spot where the Honda is parked is usually used by non handicap people because the sign is not in front. The post office was told and they chose the cheap way out and didn’t move the sign over like they should have.
The striped area looks like it’s a holdover from before the ramp was built, to mark the walkway between the two handicapped spaces. They need to either move the left sign over to mark an actual space or remove it completely. Right now it’s doing nothing useful.

Latest posts

Top Bottom