My CCL Expired Today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay, guys. A friend who's also a member here suggested that I share my method for getting my license renewed within the final 90 day statutory time limit (88 days, to be exact).

First of all, OSBI has 60 days, not 90, to issue or deny. They only have 90 days in all other cases, which means when something occurred in the 60 day period of the investigation to give them pause (a record in the system that may or may not be you), they can take the extra 30 days to verify that info and then they must either issue or deny by the 90 day mark. That doesn't mean if Saturn is lined up with Pluto and they have a perfect budget with a full staff. They shall issue or deny: Period.

Now I posted, rather discreetly, the link to find your legislators as well as the name and address of the Director of OSBI. I don't know what happened to that post in the other thread but I suspect that yesterday's database issue is the reason it's no longer there.

I wrote to my State Senator, my State Rep., and to the Director. I asked my legislators to inquire as to why OSBI is not adhering to the SDA. I pointed out to them that at 900 applications per week, and for $85 per license (assuming they were all 5 year licenses), the OSBI is taking in just over $4M a year in app fees. Now, they don't get to keep all of that money but, let's face it: That's a lot of scratch. Where does it go?

I also wrote to the Director and explained to him that the 60 day statutory period had come and gone and still the Licensing Unit could not even tell me where in the process my application was, at present. They would only tell me that it was "being processed". I reminded him about the 60 day requirement and that a renewal only requires a criminal records name check and a Dept. of Health records check. I asked for him to please have the Licensing Unit investigators contact me if there was anything I could do to help them complete my application. I was polite, I was respectful, but I was firm in the implication that I expected OSBI to adhere to the statute.

Here's the thing, guys: This government is ours and we get the government we deserve. That also means we get the government we demand. I will admit that I was apprehensive about "rocking the boat" but stood up for my principles and made a simple request of my government that they obey the same law I am also bound to obey. If you and I don't obey the SDA, it's handcuffs and a forfeiture of our natural rights. If OSBI does it, they get to go on the news and change the rules with impunity? That's not how it's supposed to work. I think that if more people do what I did, it will help get OSBI off of high center.

Director Stan Florence
OSBI Headquarters
6600 North Harvey
Oklahoma City, OK 73116

http://www.oklegislature.gov/FindMyLegislature.aspx

So good luck, guys and gals. I hope all of you are as successful as I was.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Surveyor1653 said:
Okay, guys. A friend who's also a member here suggested that I share my method for getting my license renewed within the final 90 day statutory time limit (88 days, to be exact).

First of all, OSBI has 60 days, not 90, to issue or deny. They only have 90 days in all other cases, which means when something occurred in the 60 day period of the investigation to give them pause (a record in the system that may or may not be you), they can take the extra 30 days to verify that info and then they must either issue or deny by the 90 day mark. That doesn't mean if Saturn is lined up with Pluto and they have a perfect budget with a full staff. They shall issue or deny: Period.

Now I posted, rather discreetly, the link to find your legislators as well as the name and address of the Director of OSBI. I don't know what happened to that post in the other thread but I suspect that yesterday's database issue is the reason it's no longer there.

I wrote to my State Senator, my State Rep., and to the Director. I asked my legislators to inquire as to why OSBI is not adhering to the SDA. I pointed out to them that at 900 applications per week, and for $85 per license (assuming they were all 5 year licenses), the OSBI is taking in just over $4M a year in app fees. Now, they don't get to keep all of that money but, let's face it: That's a lot of scratch. Where does it go?

I also wrote to the Director and explained to him that the 60 day statutory period had come and gone and still the Licensing Unit could not even tell me where in the process my application was, at present. They would only tell me that it was "being processed". I reminded him about the 60 day requirement and that a renewal only requires a criminal records name check and a Dept. of Health records check. I asked for him to please have the Licensing Unit investigators contact me if there was anything I could do to help them complete my application. I was polite, I was respectful, but I was firm in the implication that I expected OSBI to adhere to the statute.

Here's the thing, guys: This government is ours and we get the government we deserve. That also means we get the government we demand. I will admit that I was apprehensive about "rocking the boat" but stood up for my principles and made a simple request of my government that they obey the same law I am also bound to obey. If you and I don't obey the SDA, it's handcuffs and a forfeiture of our natural rights. If OSBI does it, they get to go on the news and change the rules with impunity? That's not how it's supposed to work. I think that if more people do what I did, it will help get OSBI off of high center.

Director Stan Florence
OSBI Headquarters
6600 North Harvey
Oklahoma City, OK 73116

http://www.oklegislature.gov/FindMyLegislature.aspx

So good luck, guys and gals. I hope all of you are as successful as I was.

Please repost in the "Who's all waiting for their CCW" thread.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had to LOL on mine. Emailed them on a Thursday evening and received a form email on Friday saying it was approved and I would have it in 7 to 10 days. I received it the same day ....... Someone doesn't really read anything.

Latest posts

Top Bottom