My comments on The Cattleman's Restaurant are coming back to haunt me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dont get the steakhouse thing either and I will throw down cash for the high end restaurant experience. But a steak, I have a freezer of grass fed, or can go to the store and it is literally a 6 minute cook (3 min per side, rare as God intended). I go to restaurants to get things that I have neither the patience, equipment or ability to make at home.
I’m the opposite. I’d much rather go to Cattleman’s than some boutique place that charges a fortune for an appetizer on an entirely too large plate and then drops a check that requires a credit line.

Give me the old school diner by the stockyards please.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
200oz, = 12.5 POUNDS! Is this post from TEXAS? I don't know which is the biggest myth, the size or the name, RUMP STEAK? I cut steaks for the largest restaurant supply in NE Oklahoma, that supplied all the better steak houses, including Southern Hills Country Club, literally hundreds per day, and i can't tell what this is, or where it comes from!!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never bought a steak in any restraint that is as good as mine at home but I do enjoy the convenience of not having to cook sometimes. Texas Roadhouse is my go to and I will say they have the best Prime Rib I have ever had, and I've eaten PR from TX to MT but the best is right here in OKC.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never bought a steak in any restraint that is as good as mine at home but I do enjoy the convenience of not having to cook sometimes. Texas Roadhouse is my go to and I will say they have the best Prime Rib I have ever had, and I've eaten PR from TX to MT but the best is right here in OKC.
Which Roadhouse???

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lol have you ever had it? It’s amazing. My wife had the same attitude when we were dating, she’s not an adventurous food person.ut after a bottle of wine, she was down to give it a try, and loved it. Think clams, poached in butter and herbs, but without the ocean, the guts, and extremely tender. Pull it out of the shell, stick it on a piece of French bread, and enjoy.

Tried it , not my thing.

Boston Sea Party, in Houston, has 4 buffets

1. Is salads
2. Is cold served seafoods
3. Is cooked seafood, prepared every way imaginable. Squid is good. Octopus not.
4. Desserts

All to enjoy before they bring your entre' of Prime Rib or Lobster.

Something unusual or exotic you to taste, that's the place.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I could sho nuff tackle it, but that's not a steak, hell, that's a roast! I personally think buying a steak at a restaurant is nothing but highway robbery.

I can buy a ribeye steak at the grocery store for about 10 bucks and season/cook it just as good as them, and not pay $35!
Please tell us where you can buy a ribeye for 10 bucks?

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cattleman's beef tips and rice is a winner. I think it was Tuesday's lunch special. That was before the Covid farce. Very reasonable prices back then. Seems like all eateries have gone up 50%.
Chelino's for me and wife was $35.00 in Yukon yesterday. Plus tip. Pretty good mark up for cheese, rice, and beans. Best Dr. Pepper in town though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom