My comments on The Cattleman's Restaurant are coming back to haunt me

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please tell us where you can buy a ribeye for 10 bucks?
Dollar tree, apparently.
IMG_3329.jpeg

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Please tell us where you can buy a ribeye for 10 bucks?

I pick em up at my local grocery store most Monday mornings. They are "out of date" which means they didn't sell over the weekend. They are perfectly fine and sometimes I can even pick up T bones and NY strips for less than 10 bucks.

But you gotta get there early, because all the other tight fisted old codgers like me will beat you to em if you don't hustle.

Seriously guys, the $35 steakhouse ribeye is absolutely insane. I've heard people say, "I just can't cook a good steak."

There's no art or skill to it. I season mine with a little Lawrys seasoned salt, coarse ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and just a whisper of Head Country rub.

Slap it on the grill, turn it over, take it off and put a pad (or two ;)) of real butter on it and let it melt. Give it a conservative splash of Lea & Perrins worcestershire, done.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which Roadhouse???
I agree 100%. The Texas Roadhouse here in Tulsa Hills, shopping center, is BUSY all the time for good reason!! I know a lot about steaks being raised in the meat business, and Texas Roadhouse is the only steak house where you get what you pay for EVERY TIME! Even the so-called high dollar steak houses, sometimes substitute cheaper cuts, and charge you for the more expensive cut!! The last time we went to Molly's Landing, I ordered a rib eye, and got a chuck steak!! It was good, but not what I ordered, or payed for! Our bill for two steak dinners, no appetizers, and water to drink, was over $100.00, Needless to say I won't be back!

Big House

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pick em up at my local grocery store most Monday mornings. They are "out of date" which means they didn't sell over the weekend. They are perfectly fine and sometimes I can even pick up T bones and NY strips for less than 10 bucks.

But you gotta get there early, because all the other tight fisted old codgers like me will beat you to em if you don't hustle.

Seriously guys, the $35 steakhouse ribeye is absolutely insane. I've heard people say, "I just can't cook a good steak."

There's no art or skill to it. I season mine with a little Lawrys seasoned salt, coarse ground black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder and just a whisper of Head Country rub.

Slap it on the grill, turn it over, take it off and put a pad (or two ;)) of real butter on it and let it melt. Give it a conservative splash of Lea & Perrins worcestershire, done.
That recipe sounds like the catfish bait I used to make.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s been a few years since I’ve eaten there, but I don’t remember ever seeing that on the menu. That’s pure insanity. I enjoy a good steak dinner from a restaurant every now and then, and Cattleman’s has always been a favorite of mine.

Yep. If I'd ever gotten a steak like that there I'd have fainted dead away. Every time I've eaten there -- maybe a half dozen times total -- I've always been horribly disappointed. 😢 I wanted it to be good. Really I did. But it just wasn't. Not the food; not the service; not the ambiance. None of it. To be honest, I am always amazed that that place stays open ... 🤷 But after a half dozen times one thing I am sure of -- they do not need any more of my money. Once or twice out of 6 I can overlook. EVERY time?? Yeah, nope. I can get a perfect steak at home -- cheaper ... AND I don't have to get out of my PJs either. 🤷🤷

Latest posts

Top Bottom