My M&P 15-22 broke today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was out sighting in a new red dot at USSA thoroughly enjoying myself when I ran into a FTF and a lot of white smoke coming from between the bolt and the breech. I dropped the mag and took a closer look and to my surprise, the feed ramp was GONE! It just sheared off. The smoke must have been from burning plastic. Needless to say I'm disappointed. I paid $430 back on 9/30/09 for it and malfunctions of this nature should not happen.

Still under warranty luckily. Guess I'll call Smith and ship it to them. Anyone else have this happen to them?

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Keely had his blow up on him to. Shipped it back (Don't send a mag with it and they will send a new one back with it) and they fixed it. Had a round go off early and blew it apart.

nobuttbrian

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call Smith & Wesson cust. service.They will pay shipping to and from.There is a reason
i will buy Smith products over all others and that is their customer service.hopefully you saved the box yours came in for shipping.

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Call Smith & Wesson cust. service.They will pay shipping to and from.There is a reason
i will buy Smith products over all others and that is their customer service.hopefully you saved the box yours came in for shipping.

Called them this morning and they have sent me a return Fedex label and said the turnaround is about 2 days. We'll see how it goes. Luckily I did save the box, yes. I'll let everyone know how it turns out when I get it back.

Jeff

Nik

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How did it shoot when it was operating? Were you happy with it or would you buy something else next time (like an AR conversion or a GSG)?

I have been thinking of getting one of these for some cheap blinking, hence my curiousity.

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How did it shoot when it was operating? Were you happy with it or would you buy something else next time (like an AR conversion or a GSG)?

I have been thinking of getting one of these for some cheap blinking, hence my curiousity.

It shoots pretty well. It may be a little picky when it comes to ammo you feed it, but overall I'm satisfied. I've used Federal value pack and on occasion I will experience a FTF. I also own a Sig 522 which I must admit I prefer over the Smith. You might take a look at those also.

Jeff Scott

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I got my rifle back from Smith & Wesson a couple weeks ago and had a chance to take it out to USSA tonight. It looks like they replaced the whole upper and new springs and threw in a free magazine. We shot about 300 rounds and experienced no malfunctions. The ejector seems to be stronger now and flings the spent cases further. Overall I'm very satisfied with the repairs and speed in which they were handled.

Latest posts

Top Bottom