My New Generator Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice set up Hobbes, thanks for posting it and giving us ideas. I like this set up better than a transfer switch...

Rick

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks good. I had a 20kw hooked up last summer in the garage. It runs on natural gas. The electrician hooked it up for me and it runs once a week for 15 minutes to keep the battery charged up. It's all automatic and I don't have to haul any gas. It's a great set up from centry generators. I bought it on line and the shipping was free. Now all I have to do now is sell my 15kw gasoline generator.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice!! I love our new genny ... of course, now that we have shelled out money for a new one and sold the old one there won't be any kind of extended power outage for 20 years or so ... fine by me ... whatever gets it done! ;)

ya know what's funny is I said now that we got this wonderful generator we won't have any outages over here and it will be an incredibly mild winter...

looks good and like you are prepared hobbes.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ya know what's funny is I said now that we got this wonderful generator we won't have any outages over here and it will be an incredibly mild winter...

looks good and like you are prepared hobbes.

Hope you are right about a mild winter. Have had a back up generator for several years, bought just before a predicted ice storm that didn't happen but was sure glad we had it the following year and a couple times since. After the big snow last year and not being able to get out for over a week I sold my old 71 Chevy pickup and bought a 2000 Silverado 4X4. Now were pretty well prepaired for anything an Oklahoma winter can throw at us.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope you are right about a mild winter. Have had a back up generator for several years, bought just before a predicted ice storm that didn't happen but was sure glad we had it the following year and a couple times since. After the big snow last year and not being able to get out for over a week I sold my old 71 Chevy pickup and bought a 2000 Silverado 4X4. Now were pretty well prepaired for anything an Oklahoma winter can throw at us.

LOL ... yeah, but all the rules change come springtime!! :D Got a safe room??

Latest posts

Top Bottom