need a bobcat trap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Folks,

(mods if I have posted in the wrong area please move accordingly)

I have had an ongoing problem with a darn bobcat getting my chickens. I have a small live trap that i have gotten 4 raccoons and a possum in the last two weeks but from what I am reading on the internet the size of my trap is too small. Do any of you know of a place in OKC area when I can get a large live trap suitable for a bobcat?. I have seen this (bad word) bobcat three times now in the act of killing chickens and he is one big hombre. Probably stands 15-18" at the shoulder. I have found traps online in the $100-200 range but really did not want to spend that kind of money, but will if I need to do to get rid of this thing..

any help/guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks..

Osage48

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hang a dead chicken up about four feet off the ground and put two or three big leg hold traps under it. Make sure they are tied to a big drag. I got my chicken killer this way.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a 10-12" trap will work fine for even a big cat. Brush it up like a brush pile over it and he will go in it. Hang a duck carcass or some beaver meat in the back. They are used to going into little places and don't mind that at all.

Harley1953

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a 10-12" trap will work fine for even a big cat. Brush it up like a brush pile over it and he will go in it. Hang a duck carcass or some beaver meat in the back. They are used to going into little places and don't mind that at all.

I will have to give that a try. I think part of my problem then is that I don't have it covered up like a brush pile. Have been using cheap canned cat food for bait and catching coons and possums.

If that does not work after a few nights, I might have to go the route Osage mentions.

Thanks for information....

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His way will work fine too. The problem with catching bobcats is always keeping the trap open. You almost have to catch every coon, possum and skunk in the area before you get the cat. The trap has to be open when he comes by. Use some feathers in the brush pile to blow around and get his attention. Good luck and take some pics.

Latest posts

Top Bottom