Need help picking out new scope

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Zeiss conquest unless you need more elevation adj. then vortex. The zeiss can be found at camera land on some smoking deals from time to time. And midway has some on clearance right now with free shipping. Zeiss has the best clarity and gathers the most light in dawn dusk better than some "Oregon" made scopes that cost twice as much. They aren't a premier or a Schmidt but they cost two thirds less also.

Sooner Wing

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would check out the closeout Sightrons on SWFA.com

http://swfa.com/Sightron-3-9x42-SII-Big-Sky-Riflescope-P9155.aspx

This is a $450 scope for $199.99 after mail in rebate. I bought one very similar to this one for the .308 that I got for Christmas and could not be happier. I did a ton of research on it and found this to be an incredible value. They have a lifetime warranty and I have read many posts where their customer service is incredible. Worth a close look IMHO.

I bought some Burris Signature Zee rings to mount it with and I love those as well.

BTW I think today is the last day for the rebate. Might double check that if you are interested.

Danwm

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think all of the above mentioned scopes are good, I put a Pintax GameSeeker 4x16x50 on my 30/06 and my 308 and love them. I use them mostley for coyotes, deer, and wild pigs, most shots are under 250 yds. I bought them on line from Amazon for $134.95 each.

LeatherDoctor

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just picked up a Remington 700 in .308. I put a Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14x40 on it. The clarity is good and handles what I want to do. Just familiarizing myself before I go putting a chunk of money into glass. Perhaps when I build a better rifle. For the money it's a nice scope and it was about $250. I think Bass Pro has them for just north of $200 right now

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently purchased a Nikon monarch 4-16x42 from SWFA for $299 on sale thru 03/10, $100 off till then.

Latest posts

Top Bottom