Need help with removing case lube

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been using Hornady One Shot case lube on my brass and I really like it but I hate trying to get the stuff off the brass. I have to tumble the brass for about 8-12 hours to get the stuff off.
Is there something else I can do to make things easier? I don't have money to get a wet tumbler so that is out of the question right now.
Any suggestions?

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One shot sucks....

Still, shouldn't take that long to get tumbled off the brass. How old is the media? What media do you use? I have a dedicated tumbler just for lube removal and use virgin walnut. It takes off the lube in 30 min or so

victor152

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just google "removing hornady one shot". There are numerous posts. One guy on another forum said he contacted hornady and they said to soak the brass in denatured alcohol. Others tumble.

victor3ranger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I am using now is corn cobb media, Frankfort Arsonal brand, virgin media. Maybe I should get some of the walnut stuff.

The reason I want to remove it is because it leaves a sticky feeling on the brass, even after a few days of sitting around. Therefore I really don't want that in my chamber.

I need to read the bottle again, I thought it said that it was water soluable, if thats the case do you think washing them in hot soapy water, maybe that might help cut this stuff.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I am using now is corn cobb media, Frankfort Arsonal brand, virgin media. Maybe I should get some of the walnut stuff.

The reason I want to remove it is because it leaves a sticky feeling on the brass, even after a few days of sitting around. Therefore I really don't want that in my chamber.

I need to read the bottle again, I thought it said that it was water soluable, if thats the case do you think washing them in hot soapy water, maybe that might help cut this stuff.

That's what I would do. Put your cases in a coffee can then fill it with hot water, a couple drops of Dawn and a good squirt of lemon juice. Your cases will come out shiny. Line a cookie sheet with paper towels and let dry or put them in the oven at 200 degrees for about 15 minutes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom