Neighbor issue. Chicken coop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FIRE

Attachments

• fire.jpg
    fire.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 55

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Most certainly check your survey/abstract. KNOW where the pins are before any location discussion with the neighbor. Having an ongoing 'adverse possession' issue, I guarantee 'doing nothing' will cause insane headaches down the line. Confront if required and don't back down if it is in fact on your property.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree with those that say find the property lines. Find those stakes with a metal detector before you say anything to the neighbor and if you can't find the property line/stakes, you may have to hire a surveyor to come out and mark off the property. No need to make the neighbor mad before you're sure you are in the right. Those stakes are there somewhere but you have to find them and if you can't the surveyor can.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So my neighbor and I have 5 acres each. Heavily wooded. He decided last summer to build a chicken coop along the property line. Turns out its on mine side. He cemented in the foundation and would be a chore to move but could be done. I don't want a life long battle or for him to hate me but I just want it moved because I can see it through the trees with the leaves down and I just don't want it on my property. How would you guys go about starting this conversation with intent to maintain friendship ?

So out of his entire 5 acres he decides to build on your land???

Latest posts

Top Bottom