New range in Edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOWNHERO

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
$15/hr is rather high, but like dlbleak said, it is convenient, at least for me. Maybe they are trying to recoup some of the start up costs and then they'll go down as time passes. I had a change of heart, at first I wasn't going to go there. Then I was at H&H today and there was a 2 hour wait, when I was there. I think I'm going to support Heartland's range as long as I can afford it. Just to have another local range.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like to spend time at the range and $15 an hour is killer. Its hard to beat 8 bucks for all day at banner.

Except shooting at Banner is not a very safe thing to do. I have never seen a place where range safety is so disregarded. I don't mind Banner if there are just a couple people that I can watch closely but when they are crowded it is just downright dangerous! I stopped a guy from firing when there were people down range! You would think the guy would see the people downrange. You would think the group he was shooting with would have watched to make sure they were shooting safely. When cease fire is called at Banner people stand around at the firing line fiddling with their guns and loading their magazines. It is not worth the savings. I joined OKC Gun Club where they actually use good safety practices. Banner Road will never get another dollar from me. :angry3:

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$15/hr is rather high, but like dlbleak said, it is convenient, at least for me. Maybe they are trying to recoup some of the start up costs and then they'll go down as time passes. I had a change of heart, at first I wasn't going to go there. Then I was at H&H today and there was a 2 hour wait, when I was there. I think I'm going to support Heartland's range as long as I can afford it. Just to have another local range.

That is what I am hoping. I will go there on rare occasions but I don't figure more than 2-3 times a year for about an hour at a time haha

Except shooting at Banner is not a very safe thing to do. I have never seen a place where range safety is so disregarded. I don't mind Banner if there are just a couple people that I can watch closely but when they are crowded it is just downright dangerous! I stopped a guy from firing when there were people down range! You would think the guy would see the people downrange. You would think the group he was shooting with would have watched to make sure they were shooting safely. When cease fire is called at Banner people stand around at the firing line fiddling with their guns and loading their magazines. It is not worth the savings. I joined OKC Gun Club where they actually use good safety practices. Banner Road will never get another dollar from me. :angry3:

I've never had issues at Banner with safety or people messin with anything. It's more getting peoples attention to call that cease fire and cold range to setup a new target.

kcox999

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
we did have a guy just run down range without saying anything yesterday... but the old guy came out and got on to someone for carrying their gun behind people. he got on the intercom a few weeks ago when my cousin was rapid firing the AR.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we did have a guy just run down range without saying anything yesterday... but the old guy came out and got on to someone for carrying their gun behind people. he got on the intercom a few weeks ago when my cousin was rapid firing the AR.
:laugh6:

Hah! That should make me feel safe!

The old guy is the only guy and can rarely get out of the office and he is the only one there. No safety officers and too many bubbas that don't know any safety rules. Too many people with their heads up there #^$ and nobody to watch them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom