New roof.....oops wrong house.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a new roof a couple months ago, and had to pay for it all because my insurance company said the previous roof was too old and worn to be covered. A mistake like this at my place would have been appreciated ;)
Did the premium you were paying include roof coverage? If so your insurance company committed fraud. Roof coverage is a big percentage of the home insurance premiums.
Get a quote and ask to exclude roof coverage and you will see.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder how many people got fired?

I'll bet the roofing company makes up most or all of it with new business. If I needed a roof right now, I'd call them at least for an estimate. It's really hard to know if a business is trustworthy unless you know someone who has used them. The news articles are fabulous free advertising for them.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did the premium you were paying include roof coverage? If so your insurance company committed fraud. Roof coverage is a big percentage of the home insurance premiums.
Get a quote and ask to exclude roof coverage and you will see.

I should have elaborated. No roof coverage, just hail/wind damage. The three roofers who gave me estimates all said there was more than 50% hail damage across the roof, but the claims adjuster said the roof was too old and worn to make such an accurate claim, so no payout. They did send me a check for a couple hundred bucks discount once they got the roofer’s invoice. Woo woo.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
This story made me remember when I was working for the Cummins engine distributor in Bronx, NY. Our customer Gerosa Crane had a fleet of White tractor and painted identical except for the unit number. Two were brought in at the same time; one for a tune-up and the other for an overhaul. Yup, the tune-up got overhauled and the overhaul got tuned-up.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We came home from a day trip one summer and a guy was finishing up cutting my yard. He was supposed to be cutting the yard next door. He showed me his phone where someone had texted him my address. I offered to pay him something but, he refused and said he would get it from the guy that screwed up.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got a new roof a couple months ago, and had to pay for it all because my insurance company said the previous roof was too old and worn to be covered. A mistake like this at my place would have been appreciated ;)

We had to do that also. I assumed they would pay. State Farm said we had some hail damage but not enough. Will never have them again... best insurance I've had was Farm Bureau.

Latest posts

Top Bottom