New Wilburton Land Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome……Any recommended food plots for that area? Corn feeders always a stand by but I got open area screaming for a food plot.
Probably anything you can get to grow. Winter peas, wheat, oats, clover, turnips. But we do have the cursed wild hogs, coons, and black bear to deal with when it comes to feeders. I'm not much of the food plot guru. Probably start a thread on it and you'll get lots of information.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be watchful for the hillbillies, they’ll chain you to the pipes, in the root cellar.
He ain’t kiddin! I own a few acres out in the hills of SE OK in pushmataha co, recreational property. I used to go out there often, I’d take my old 4Runner around the trails and old logging roads etc.. I haven’t been out there much lately, no time.

Wilburton is a beautiful area but some of the “locals” are very sketchy. Lots of poverty and drugs out there… stay alert. Also, keep your eyes peeled for snakes, they’re everywhere out there.

Welcome to the forum!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello Fellas & Ladies

I live in Houston Tx and just closed on some property south of Wilburton/Red Oak neck of the woods. I’ve been reading through some of the posts and there is a wealth of local knowledge. Glad to be a part of this community!
I served in the Army with a guy that was from Wilberton when we were about 7000 miles away from home. He told me if you cross the dam of the local lake (don't remember the name of the lake) his home was able to be seen on the right while driving across. Had a standing invite but never got down that way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom