Next gun. Polymer or 1911?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cernstus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really just depends, in my humble opinion, on which camp you fall into.
In camp one you have the folks who like technology and hi-tech things. The latest and greatest and like light weight space age stuff.

In camp two you have the folks who like things timeless and classic. The feel of weight and steel.

there are plenty of people who fall into the second camp but settle for camp one out of practicality. The 1911 is a timeless design that hasn't really changed a whole lot in the last 100 years. I will be curious to see where the polymer guns are in 100 years. I have owned an m&p, a springfield XD, and a multitude of 1911s. It really boils down to whether you get attached to your guns or they are just guns to you. Most of the people I have met who shoot polymer see their guns as just guns. Most of the folks with 1911s see them as entities of their own. Probably a little romantic but their is a reason the 1911 has graced more magazine covers and been written about more than any other handgun ever created!

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well put cernstus. One reason I'm looking at glock is practicality. I've got a cz 52 that's fun to shoot and a S&W 28 that is a mean HD gun but I like the idea of having 10+ rounds in the chamber. I'd say for the most part I'm in camp 2. I could name several reasons to never get rid of any of my guns so a gun that's "just a gun" seems like a good idea to me for something to shoot the heck out of and rely on from day to day.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EZB, Watch out or I'll post it to every thread you make!!!!!:rubhands: :rubhands:

I'm still pissed at myself for not trading my FNP-9 for a FN High-Power that RJ had in his shop last year - I sold that FNP-9 shortly after and I don't even remember what I bought with the money (but it wasn't as cool as a dad-gum high-power).

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there a web site that is a "primer" for the 1911 where I can learn all the terms... mil-spec, GI, etc. I know what they stand for, but I don't know what they mean in terms of function.

Thanks

B

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
John Browning just puked in his grave sir.

Not if he saw my Wilson KZ-9 :D

Proof that form, function, old school and new age can peacefully coexist :thumb:

ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s157_Glocktogo_CIMG3432.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom