NFL draft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would Miami have gone for Weeden? Tanehill rated the highest of the top QBs in the draft under pressure........ Weeden rated the lowest. To me it sucks that Blackmon went the Jags, not impressed with Gabbert as you can't run 5 wide all the time in the NFL. It would have been nice to see him go to a team that could allow him to make an immediate impact as he has that potential...... unlike Weeden. :D

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would Miami have gone for Weeden? Tanehill rated the highest of the top QBs in the draft under pressure........ Weeden rated the lowest. To me it sucks that Blackmon went the Jags, not impressed with Gabbert as you can't run 5 wide all the time in the NFL. It would have been nice to see him go to a team that could allow him to make an immediate impact as he has that potential...... unlike Weeden. :D

experience, ready to lead, isn't broken, led his team to victory over teams "better than OSU", led his team to victory over the other top ranked QBs, Weeden's success at OSU wasn't only because of Blackmon, His numbers weren't bad...in fact very impressive

Brandon Weeden 2011 ( 12 W vs 1 L )

G EFFIC CMP - ATT - TD - INT PCT YDS LG AVG / G
13 159.68 409 - 565 - 37 - 13 72.4 4727 67 363.6

Andrew Luck 2011 ( 12 W vs 1 L )

13 169.70 288 - 404 - 37 - 10 71.3 3517 62 270.5

RG III 2011 ( 10W vs 1 L )

13 189.48 291 - 402 - 37 - 6 72.4 4293 87 330.2

Ryan Tannehill 2011 ( 7 W vs 6 L )

13 133.20 327 - 531 - 29 - 15 61.6 3517 79 288.0

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Numbers in college mean little in the NFL, you need to be able to throw on the run (and run period) and outside of the pocket. Weeden sucks in this regard and he won't have Blackmon as that safety net. Sorry, but Weeden is a product of the offense.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I dont understand. Did all you really expect Miami to pick weedon? .Even with all the so called experts saying tannehill has greater potential and was expected to go higher.

I didn't say anything about Weeden. Although he is a much better, and proven quaterback. All I know is Top 10 draft are expected to start or challenge for a starting position. Here you have a guy who has played the position a little over a year and 1/2 Against OU, OSU, Texas, and Araknsas he had more picks than touchdowns. Is Tannehill "THAT" much better than Matt Moore that they should leverage their future on him. Maybe pick up a stud wr or OL some pass support in the first round then see if you can catch a tannehill/weeded/foles in the 2nd round.

I am an OSU fan but not homer. I could see where tannehill could have more potential than weeden especially with age. However he is currently nowhere near the qb BW3 is. A top 10 pick should go to a proven commodity with potential, not just potential.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GMThunder said:
Numbers in college mean little in the NFL, you need to be able to throw on the run (and run period) and outside of the pocket. Weeden sucks in this regard and he won't have Blackmon as that safety net. Sorry, but Weeden is a product of the offense.

Because running QBs have such long and fruitful careers in the NFL. Payton Manning is the best in the game and he is not a running QB. Not saying Weeden is the second coming of Manning but they have a similar style.

PUMPKIN

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i562.photobucket.com_albums_ss63_kirkmoselbaron_ArmchairQB.jpg

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Because running QBs have such long and fruitful careers in the NFL. Payton Manning is the best in the game and he is not a running QB. Not saying Weeden is the second coming of Manning but they have a similar style.

Didn't say anything about being a running QB, I said you need to be able to throw on the run or run period. Tanehill, Luck, RG3, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, both Mannings..... can throw on the run and scramble for 3-4yds if need be. Weeden on the other hand is a statue, which sucks unless you're the size of Big Ben. Take away Blackmon and we wouldn't even be here talking about it.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't say anything about being a running QB, I said you need to be able to throw on the run or run period. Tanehill, Luck, RG3, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, both Mannings..... can throw on the run and scramble for 3-4yds if need be. Weeden on the other hand is a statue, which sucks unless you're the size of Big Ben. Take away Blackmon and we wouldn't even be here talking about it.

You could not possibly be more wrong. Weeden has professional sports experience, he will start next year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom