No ethanol gas in Broken Arrow?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nemesis

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are two places I know of. Both on Elm. I'm not going to the one on the east side of Elm anymore. His equipment is dilapidated and the fuel just barely trickles out of the nozzle. And that's the good pump. The other one, I think at the corner of Elm and 81st, on the west side of Elm, I can't understand him. I'm not even sure I'm getting ethanol free gas at either place. Just a suspicion.

There's another place somewhere in town that I remember seeing. Peeps Food and Tiger Express are two listed on the 'net as having ethanol free gas. But I've never been there.

Where else closer to down town/Aspen is there?

thanx

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's another place somewhere in town that I remember seeing. Peeps Food and Tiger Express are two listed on the 'net as having ethanol free gas. But I've never been there.
Peeps is just up the road a bit from where my grandparents lived; we used to walk up there every now and then when we stayed up there. Of course, all that's left of my grandparents' place is the corner post of the fence where you turned in the drive...but I digress.

By Oklahoma statute (§52-347. Labels required for sale of motor fuel with ethanol and methanol mixture from motor fuel pump - Provision of mixture information upon request), if there's 1% or more ethanol in the gas, the pumps have to be labeled as such. If you think they're selling gasohol as straight gasoline you can contact the Corporation Commission and file a complaint.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Peeps is just up the road a bit from where my grandparents lived; we used to walk up there every now and then when we stayed up there. Of course, all that's left of my grandparents' place is the corner post of the fence where you turned in the drive...but I digress.

By Oklahoma statute (§52-347. Labels required for sale of motor fuel with ethanol and methanol mixture from motor fuel pump - Provision of mixture information upon request), if there's 1% or more ethanol in the gas, the pumps have to be labeled as such. If you think they're selling gasohol as straight gasoline you can contact the Corporation Commission and file a complaint.

Good to know... I've seen some pumps I don't think were labeled or were extremely hard to find out. I've asked the clerks and on occasion they don't even know.

These days, I go by the tenet that if they're not putting out a big sign that says "100% gas" or "No ethanol", then it's the cheap ****.

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are two places I know of. Both on Elm. I'm not going to the one on the east side of Elm anymore. His equipment is dilapidated and the fuel just barely trickles out of the nozzle. And that's the good pump. The other one, I think at the corner of Elm and 81st, on the west side of Elm, I can't understand him. I'm not even sure I'm getting ethanol free gas at either place. Just a suspicion.

Where else closer to down town/Aspen is there?

thanx

The one on the east side of Elm sucks and I've been told you're not getting a full gallon so I quit buying there years ago.
The one at 81st and Elm is where I get mine and my 84 Dodge seems to like it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom