"No Fly" - "No Buy"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This seems to be a new proposal. On the surface it tends to make sense, until you consider all the errors in the current "no fly" list, and the ease at which a name is added to that list, and the seemingly impossible task of having your name removed when it has been listed in error.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This seems to be a new proposal. On the surface it tends to make sense, until you consider all the errors in the current "no fly" list, and the ease at which a name is added to that list, and the seemingly impossible task of having your name removed when it has been listed in error.

Didn't these two terrorist turds just recently fly here from Saudi Arabia (male returning on round trip)? So tell me exactly how it would have done any good here? :mad:

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
consider all the errors in the current "no fly" list, and the ease at which a name is added to that list, and the seemingly impossible task of having your name removed when it has been listed in error.

Just heard the new speaker of the house say basically the same thing in response to bummers statement.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Didn't these two terrorist turds just recently fly here from Saudi Arabia (male returning on round trip)? So tell me exactly how it would have done any good here? :mad:

i wont speak for him, and i don't know about them flying or not, but i think the point i heard last night is that a person can be listed on the no fly list but still pass a gun purchase background check.

I certainly think there are issues to consider. The idea that we don't trust you on a plane but do trust you to buy a gun is a bit odd.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Wow, lighten up. I am not suggesting that this is a good idea. I am suggesting that we need to be award of proposals and respond to our elected representatives, letting them know of the problems we see with such proposals.

Let's attempt to be a bit more civil with each other.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i wont speak for him, and i don't know about them flying or not, but i think the point i heard last night is that a person can be listed on the no fly list but still pass a gun purchase background check.

I certainly think there are issues to consider. The idea that we don't trust you on a plane but do trust you to buy a gun is a bit odd.

That's because flying isn't in the BoR. These mental midgets in DC conveniently "forget" that little tidbit. If it were, there would be no "No Fly" list because it would be unconstitutional.

Wow, lighten up. I am not suggesting that this is a good idea. I am suggesting that we need to be award of proposals and respond to our elected representatives, letting them know of the problems we see with such proposals.

Let's attempt to be a bit more civil with each other.

I wasn't being uncivil towards you, I was being uncivil towards the imbeciles suggesting we do away with the Bill of Rights without Due Process. Specifically, calling for "No Fly, No Buy" because of this dynamic duo is like banning honey because peanut butter & jelly is bad for you. :(

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wasn't being uncivil towards you, I was being uncivil towards the imbeciles suggesting we do away with the Bill of Rights without Due Process. :(

You brought up a good point about losing the entire BoR, not just the 2nd, but I extrapolate it a bit farther...

If you take away ANY of the 10 in the BoR, you essentially nullify the entire Constitution, IMNSHO. The BoR was required to be added before the Constitution was ratified. Without the BoR, the Constitution would never have been accepted or implemented. It was essentially the framers' admission that they left some things out they should have put in. You can't take away a particular Article, and you can't take away one of the BoR, either. Anyone who wants to remove one of the Original 10 is an enemy of the Constitution of the United States.

Seriously, if some people in this country want to do away with the Constitution and start over, then we should put it to a vote - and I guarantee when the new Documents are forged, there won't be 50 states in the Union. And I'll be heading to one that supports the intent and spirit of the one we have now.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's because flying isn't in the BoR. These mental midgets in DC conveniently "forget" that little tidbit. If it were, there would be no "No Fly" list because it would be unconstitutional.

I'm not saying we do exactly what is being proposed today. I'm just saying that we have systems in place to limit who can purchase guns (felony conviction, mental holds, etc), so why not discuss adding this as one of the limits?

Also, I don't think this step would/should exist in a vacuum, but would be part of a multi-step process, which could include addressing the failings and legalities of the No Fly list.

Latest posts

Top Bottom